9

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter nine ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"The war was over?"

I stood infront the lightborn squad, including the Princess who seemed to be in melancholy. "I deeply apolagize for not joining earlier," I avoided their piercing gaze, somehow suffocating and gloomy. "It's okay Y/n," Silvanna kept her head low and head her away inside, followed by Alucard after showing me an ensuring nod.

"Are you hurt?" Fanny inspected my arm tied with my cloth stained heavily with blood, nearly drenched with it. "It's just a minor injury, I'll take care of it at home," I assured to ease the worried look on their faces. "I'm more concerned about you all," I sighed. "Did Thamuz and the abyss prince came over?"

"Indeed," Tigreal responded, causing me to avert my attention at him. I noticed the tiny cut on his face and a few bruises on his arms, due to the impact from his shield and I knew it very well. He was aware of me observing his figure. "Please have some rest everyone," I suggested, showing a smile on my face to ease them.

"Take care," Fanny held my shoulder and flashed me a smile, before following Tigreal and Granger into the gateway of the empire. I watched their figures slowly fading from my vision, heading their way further into the city. I breathed out, feeling the heaviness on my chest from the guilt and melancholy. I lift my chin up to see the cloudy sky, then noticed a standing Harith next to me. "Gosh, you scared me!" I exclaimed as Harith laughed at me. Due to his height, sometimes I could not see or even acknowledge his presence. Nonetheless, seeing Harith laughing from the blue of his teammates has relieved the tension inside my chest.

"Why are you still here?" I questioned him as I watched his cheerful expression. "Testing how long it takes for you to notice me," he placed both of his hands on his hips, playfully huffed which made me smile at his attitude. "Anyways, I told everyone that you were busy with defending the other entrance. Unlike Granger, you should thank me," he proudly stated. "Aw thanks Harith," I chuckled at him.

I took a few steps forward as I inspected the sky again, hoping that the dark clouds will disappear soon. "Who was there at the other entrance?" He curiously asked. "Natalia," I responded to his question, averting my attention to Harith again. His eyes were fixated onto something else towards my direction, causing me to turn my back against him and anticipate for anything out of the ordinary. His ears perked which added my concern onto the situation.

"Wait, did you see that?" Harith pointed his finger, as I squinted my eyes to focus onto the direction he was pointing at. "Harith," I called his name, warning him when I saw a shiny object from a distance. It is moving towards us in an incredibly high speed. "What is it?" He didn't get the clear image of the object yet, when I had successfully identify that it is an arrow launched at us. I predict that it is low enough to hit Harith's head. My blood run cold at that thought, which left me no choice other than pushing Harith away to the ground to dodge it.