10

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter ten ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

Dark patches across my vision appeared along with the non-stopping headache. I thought that my consciousness had left my body, it was such a relief that it didn't happen. I couldn't interpret the situation other than hearing the panic through Aamon's heavy breathing, the flow of the wind brushing against my hair and that is all I knew.

I kept my eyelids open to signal him my consciousness, although not being able to see anything. It felt like when you're suffering from iron defficiency and stood up from your seat, the dizziness and blurry vision was just the same but worse.

"Y/n?" Gusion rushed towards Aamon as his eyes laid onto my weak state in his arms. I heard the doors flung open, running steps into the castle resonating through my ears. The patches on my vision has gradually disappear, my wounded ear starts aching badly. I was utterly annoyed by the never ending pain, making me feel weak and helpless in his arms.

"Dr Grace is in his office now," Gusion dashed infront of us, stopping himself infront of a door. He knocked twice onto the door, before pushing the door open revealing an old woman in his doctor uniform whom I swear I have ever seen her around before. She stood up from her chair, pushing it behind her with both hands on the table.

Aamon placed me on the bed carefully, his fingertips grazed against my face as he tuck my hair behind my ear, revealing the wound. The doctor rushed to check my pulse through my neck, her cold fingers pressed against my bare skin. She observed my wounded ear, as well as my arm and unwrapping the cloth around it. "Its slighly healing," she showed me a surprised look. "Your ear is showing signs of infection," she reached for the drawers and quickly going through for the medicine in her thought.

Gusion nudged his elder brother on his elbow, resulting Aamon to return a glare at him. Gusion gave him his arm, signalling him to hand his dagger back. Aamon narrowed his eyes, avert his eyes away as he threw the dagger at Gusion. "No weapons nor fighting in this room, please leave!" Dr Grace scolded, causing me to breathlessly giggle their response. "My apolagies," Aamon bowed his head before pushing Gusion outside along with himself. The door closed behind him, I feel somehow comfortable with the doctor's presence. Every move she took was thoughtfully gentle, releasing a warm and friendly impression.

"You're recovering already, such a strong woman," she remarked. I smiled as I looked at her applying medicine on my arm then moved to disinfect my wounded ear. "That's too kind of you, doctor," I returned. I hissed from a sharp pain from my ear, digging my nails under my fist. "This might take awhile, where did you receive cut from?" Her voice was soothing, intended to distract the pain. "An arrow, it was launched elsewhere in a high speed. Is it really bad?"

She remained silent for a moment as she continued on applying medicine. I patiently waited for her response while bearing the pain that has gradually decreased. "There are traces of a particular smell, from a poisonous plant." I crease my eyebrows in wonder, the arrow must have poison on its tip and it came in contact with my blood. "The symptoms I have are not from blood lost?" I was still in disbelief.

"The wound on your arm is still on the skin layer, yet large but it is impossible to lose a decent amount of blood that could lead to symtomps. Including the one on your ear," she explained. I thought about that arrow as a warning, probably coming from one of the commands from the Abyss. I despise the immense pain I had earlier, the arrow that I could have avoided completely, the cut on my arm that I should be aware of the one whom done that. Except for the arrow one, it was a reflex action and Harith's well being was the one in risk. I should forgive myself, again and again.

"Luckily, the symptoms should not be in concern as long as you take antidotes and rest for three days atleast." The doctor applied bandaids that covers partially of my ear, then washed my clumping hair with a wet towel. I don't know whether three days will be a waste of time, or a blessing so that I could genuinely rest. "This antidote is commonly used for a kind of poison as such," she approached me from the shelves after looking up from numerous medicine bottles stored there.

"Thank you," I showed her gratitude through my sincere smile, receiving the bottle of pills she handed to me. "You should take one right now," she opened the bottle and shake one pill out on my hand. A glass of water was handed to me as well, she is too kind for all of this despite it being her duty. I swallowed the medicine along with the water in ease. "Prescribed for usage of three days, twice a day," she added. "May I write your name in my record?" She politely asked, reaching for her book on her desk. "Of course, you may," my reply was returned with a smile, immediately focusing her eyes on the book with her hand controlling the pen to write the information.

I lightly gasped, baffled at her actions. "I haven't introduced myself." She responded with a mere chuckle, "I knew you were Princess Odette's good friend, she regularly visits this castle," the additional information was unnecessary yet a reminder for me that Odette comes over for Lancelot sometimes. "That's true," I surpressed my smile into my pursed lips, still not getting out from the bed although I am having a strong urge to do so.

My recovered body came to my notice, the pain is all gone and finally the dirty cloth around my arm was replaced with a clean bandaid. "You may be excused for now. Oh, I'll call the duke," she rushed outside, leaving my mouth gaped and unable to utter a single word. The door closed behind her, and opened again after just three seconds outside. "You were waiting outside?" I asked as Aamon entered the room along with the doctor infront of him, ignoring the fact that Gusion is not around. "Indeed, I brought you here initially," he lifted his shoulders, looking at the doctor nodding in approval.

I stood up from the bed before earning a signal from Aamon, we head outside afterwards. I gave a last bow of gratitude at the doctor, then closed the door behind me. "Sorry for the trouble," the guilt still hanging around my head every time. He turned around to face me, his blue orbs staring directly into mine. "Don't apolagize for thing those are out of your control."

Atleast, he is true.