15

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter fifteen ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

My eyes open and revealing myself leaning my head against his shoulder. The morning sunlight caused my eyes narrowing to adapt towards the brightness. Aamon saw the evident frown of confusion on my face, he chuckled. "I hope you had a good sleep." I straighten myself up on my chair, meeting his energized and fresh gaze. "You too," I stood up from my seat. "You should rest more and sleep everyday, don't exhaust yourself," I suggested before heading inside the house.

Aamon couldn't hide the smile on his face, he followed me into the kitchen and watched me reaching the fridge for an apple. "I don't take breakfasts often," he approached, leaning against the wall.  "Likewise, but its important for your health," I looked at the ripe apple on my hand thoughtfully.  His eyes fixated on me, then divert onto the food I handed him. "Have one," I insisted. He reluctantly lift the fruit away from my hand. I grab another apple from the fridge before closing it behind myself.

"Hold on, I'll wash them first," I suggested. He handed over his apple, allowing me to do the work. Aamon stood silently and waited, watching every move and I can't help but to feel the slightest unease from his stare. I avert my focus on myself instead, until I found myself handing him the fruit and our eyes met each other. I placed my attention onto the smallest details, which I can't remember when was the last time I did so. His gaze softened, as his fingers brushed against my hand for a moment.

"Thank you," he smiled in appreciation. I took a bit on my apple before I nodded in response. My heart raced at the sight, betraying my nonchalant expression. I left the room to brush myself away from the weird thoughts. Flashing memories from last night appeared in the back of my head, which caught me flustered and holding onto the wall. I questioned my own sanity and immediately stood up with my composure. I head back into the kitchen with an act as if nothing has happened. Thankfully, he ate his apple silently and left me without any questions.

We talked a little more, merely about ourselves and its nice to know each other more. I guess, Gusion was never wrong afterall, and he is surely lucky. Aamon is that type of person, truthful and caring to his family, but cold towards the people he doesn't like. It is unbelievable to hear him opening up so much, pouring his heart content and it makes me feel unexplainably special. I feel extremely appreciated, glad to know that I am a good person to the eyes of him who I just met awhile ago. Actually, I lost count on how long we have known each other. It feels like it has been a year, or two years? Of course not, but he understands me like we had grew up together.

Time passes by, every meaningful seconds have passed between us. Until he said goodbye, I knew he is going to head home all alone. Home reminds me of Odette, I comepletely forgot about her worrying about me ever since that day in Lumina City. I wonder how was she doing right now, what she felt yesterday when I left her in Castle Gorge. I could sense the remorse from her side after being unaware of my departure from the castle last night. Believe me, she always did.

"Take care, Y/n." With that, he left. The atmosphere turned into complete silence. I watched his figure in his coat disappeared into the pathway. I bet Gusion will shower him questions as soon as Aamon appeared infront of the castle gate.

Without any further ado, I settle myself up and leave for Swan Castle. I had a refreshing quick shower, I could feel my mind fully awaken from it. The breeze of nature in the morning hits different, its calming and peaceful. I couldn't see any other living creatures other than the birds, dragonflies and the butterflies. They danced around the colorful flowers and the green trees. It gives me the feeling of no one other than my own existence is present at the moment.

I reached infront of the gates of Swan Castle, being greeted by Odette instantly. She was still in her morning gown, initially talking idly with one of her servant in the garden. The evident surprised look in her eyes could be seen, I was ready for any questions from her. The gates opened and she beckoned me inside, holding back her thoughts of rushing. Odette stopped infront of the entrance to her living room, her serious gaze worrying me out. She stood silently for a moment as I tilted my head for her response.

"Are you in a relationship with Aamon?" Odette started, which caused me to startle at her question. "We are friends," I replied without showing any sign of annoyance. "What makes you think that way?"

She raised an eyebrow. "He stayed in your house, am I right?" The pique in her tone caused me to frown. "True, is that a problem?" I genuinely asked. She sighed and brought her hands onto both of my shoulders. "No, it's fine," her eyes examined mine. "I'm glad that you're safe." She showed me a smile, but I know that she is thinking of something else, judging from the slightest reluctance in her eyes.

"Trust me, I can take care of myself," I assured her.

In Castle Aberleen, the guards greeted the duke with a bow of honor. Aamon made his way into the castle through the empty hallways. The sound of his footsteps resonated throughout the castle, the deafening hush is not a new thing to him. "What do you mean he is not here yet?" The yelling coming from a room was loud enough to be heard, despite the thick wooden doors closed.

Aamon stopped infront of the door as it simultaneously slammed open, revealing a fuming Gusion. His once irritated eyes softened at the sight of Aamon, closing the door behind him. "You're home, since when?" Gusion questioned. "Just awhile ago," Aamon briefly responded.

"I thought you would be back at midnight, you were with Y/n yesterday?" The younger asked, causing Aamon to appear confused at his worry. "Yes, now don't look at me as if I just woke up from death." Gusion chuckled, "It's nothing! I wish you a great day."

Aamon watched his smiling younger brother walking away, what a weird morning greeting for him.