5

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter five ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"You can rest again now," he broke the deadly silence, as if the icy barriers crashed down around me. I sense his voice that turned into a more welcoming tone than before. His softened look has managed to ease me as well, still I won't allow my own guards down. "Is there any available guest room here?" I mentally slapped myself on the extreme formality in my tone.

"Unfortunately, all of them are occupied. We have guests exactly earlier this morning from our relatives," he indeed managed to reduce the tension in the atmosphere very well. However, his statement has left me in confusion and annoyance. Oh why from all of the time in my life, why does it have to be today at this night?

"I am actually feeling well now, may I leave?" Despite knowing his upcoming answer based on Gusion's claim, I decided to take a chance to pursue him anyway. "I doubt your safety this night," he openly spoken. His genuine worry regarding my safety has led me another huge question mark inside my head. What are his true intentions?

"We should both rest," he suggested. "Allow me to sleep on the couch," I kept my persistence as I head towards the couch lying nearby, facing towards the bed. He let out a soft sigh, before grabbing one of his pillow and his blanket, handing them to me.

"Don't get yourself cold and uncomfortable while you sleep." I nodded and place them onto the couch, observing his features, which includes the visible scar on his face. It reminds me of a story that Gusion has ever told me, to my knowledge that he didn't mention which brother whom he injured with his daggers long ago. However, now I know that Aamon is the brother he has always mentioned.

"Thank you," I mumbled out as he reached to his bed. "You're welcome," he responded with a low tone, nearly unaudible as he continued organizing his bed.

I laid myself onto the couch, placing the pillow under my head and covered myself with the blanket I was given. Sparing a glance at the duke sitting on his bed, then I close my eyes, forcing myself to sleep despite having enough energy for a walk back home. I feel such a burden to them, especially Aamon who has helped me unnecessarily, well it actually is because otherwise I might not be breathing by now.

It confuses me whenever I come to think of Aamon, who has the urge of the need to save me, as well as not seeing Gusion for some time and unexpectedly reuniting in this kind of situation. I should take this matter as a lesson for myself to be more careful of my surroundings, and building tall metal fences is a totally great idea.

The silence filled with nothing but my thoughts has urged me to escape in discomfort. However, there is nothing that I could do. I will see how long I could stand in this position, faking my sleep and still being fully aware of my surroundings.

I flutter my eyes open, as the first thing I saw was the empty bed infront of me. I rub my eyes as I gather my strength to start the day, the ray of sunlight illuminating the whole room which energizes me more. Slowly standing myself up from the couch, folding the blanket and placing the pillow on the side neatly before leaving the room.

"Morning Y/n!" Gusion burst the door open, causing me to jump on my spot. "You scared me," I held my chest as I sighed, earning a chortle from him. "Do you need anything?" He questioned, standing infront of the door. "No thank you, I should get going now."

"I see, follow me," he beckon me down the stairs, carefully watching each step I take. I have never been in their castle before, their interior is immaculate as well. Fancy vases stood along the hallways, the staircase filled with carvings and elegant patterns, statues being shown in some places on wooden tables, and the floor covered with white polished granite tiles. There is no hint of darkness inside the castle, unlike how people view from outside. It took me awhile to convince myself that I am currently standing inside Castle Aberleen.

There stood Aamon infront of the stairway, his eyes preoccupied on the vase filled with fresh blue irises on the wooden table nearby. "Brother," Gusion called him out from his thoughts. They both shared a glance at each other  before heading further into the hallways. I followed them from behind, observing my surroundings as I felt like a clueless kitten between the silent brothers.

The moment I saw the huge door of the castle's entrance, I felt so relieved until reality slapped me across the face, thinking back when Thamuz barged into my house and brought me away. I wish to live in peace for just once, still it all happened due to the path I chose. The fire demon has the huge keenness to take my life away.

The doors opened, revealing the clear sky and the lack of sunlight from the trees shading them. I exhaled as I watched them both turn their backs against the door, staring at me with their mouths shut. "Thank you again," I flashed a genuine smile at them, as an express of my gratitude. I would be happy to show them how thankful I am, it might took endless appreciations towards them for me to feel less guilty. 

"Don't mention it, make sure to take care," Gusion gave a pat on my shoulder which eased me from the slight tension in the atmosphere. "It's such a pleasure to meet you, your honor," I turned myself to the elder brother.

"Aamon, just call me Aamon," a hint of warmth from his voice has completely changed on how I view him, I could see the slightest friendly side of him. "Aamon, thank you," I flashed him a grateful smile, looking at both of the brothers. "You're welcome, becareful on your way," Aamon responded with his lips pursed. Gusion quietly showed a smug look on his face, I returned my narrowed eyes at him.

"I should get going now," I bid them goodbye before stepping myself out from the castle without looking back, tensed by their eyes boring against my back, following my figure until I vanished from their sight.

Gusion grinned as he looked at his brother.  Aamon returned him an expresionless visage, "Let's take care of the guests." "You two-" Gusion murmured at himself, watching his brother leaving him behind.