8

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter eight ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

The sky grew darker around Lumina City, which has grew my concern. As I reached Swan Castle, I knew Odette must have acknowledge the current situation. As if on cue, the entrance door opened revealing Odette standing, directly noticing my presence. "I need a paper towel or such, to clean this," I gestured at my sword on my right hand. "Will do," she pointed towards a servant behind her, signalling her to follow her orders.

"Glad to see you're okay," she smiled as she approached. "The castle inside is hectic, the abyssal monsters has been ordered to invade the city," Odette explained as her eyes fixated on the dark clouds surrounding Lumina City from a distance. "The people must be worried, becareful and be aware of any sudden threat," I suggested, watching her eyes fell in desperation.

One of the servants hurried with a paper towel as I requested earlier, handing it to me with grace. "Thank you," I told the servant before he head back inside the castle, scurrying with an evident worry on his face. I bowed down to wipe off the stains of blood from the blade, still cautious on the surrounding situation. I threw the used paper towel to the trashcan nearby, inserting my sword back into the scabbard attached to my belt.

The sounds of marching can be heard, as my eyes wander around to search for the source. A sight of a wave of monsters heading their way to the city has widen my eyes, urging me to help Princess Silvanna as she might be in great vexation. "Odette," I called her out. "Yes?"
"I have to help them."

She sighed and thought for a moment, before nodding in agreement. "You need to return safely, it is a demand," the seriousness in her tone betrayed the smile on her face to ease her own worry. "Noted," I chuckled at her. "Don't you worry, I promise to return safe and sound."

Consequently, I gave her a goodbye wave before exiting the castle gate, hurrying to the city. There was no sign of threat along the way, until I entered the city outskirts, along the gates, they were filled with people running around in chaos. I caught a glimpse of a familiar woman with a hood in the crowd, dashing her way inside carefully. The city guards tried to manage the chaos, atleast they helped to settle the panic down and send the people back into a few points inside the city those are said to be safe despite the panic still ongoing.

Without wasting any time further, I made my way towards the entrance of the empire. My eyes met Harith and Granger, seemingly heading out from the empire with their armor ready. We stopped infront of each other, Harith has his mouth gaped in shock. "Where is everyone else?" I questioned. "Follow us," Granger walked ahead of us, leaving Harith and I follow him from behind.

The sounds of marching can be heard louder and louder through the gates, which made Granger fasten his pace and led us running outside. Princess Silvanna stood with the other lightborn members from a distance, unaware of out presence from here. Harith stood on his toes, squinting his eyes onto the opposing direction. "The monsters are entering in both entrances!" He pointed. Granger and I avert our attention towards the direction Harith pointed.

The view of monsters charging towards the other gate has left my mouth gape in wonder. As if there is a barrier withholding the mass of attacks, restraining the abyssal monsters from entering the empire. "Who is doing that?" Granger glanced at Harith, then at me. "Whoever it is, it is not the lightborn. I'll check them out," I insisted. "I will meet you all when I am done." They returned me a nod, before seperating in opposite ways.

The silhouette of an individual defending the entrance turned clearer with every step I took. I hurried as I recognize the hooded woman I saw earlier, red hair cascaded and covered partially of her side profile. The claws she used as her weapon, ticked out the characteristics of a person I knew for quite long. I dashed infront of her, pulling out my sword from my scabbard and swiftly sliced a leg off from a monster who attempted to ambush from her side.

Natalia darted her head towards me, her menacing face turned into a welcoming and relieved one. I flashed a smile at her, wasting no time afterwards and still anticipated for upcoming strikes. She dodged a fist launched from her back, allowing the monster to stumble and hit its teammates infront like dominos, out of its control. She pierced her claw on the enemy's back, the roaring agony filled her ears.

I turned my sword 180 degrees to clear out the enemies infront of me. She pulled herself away and approached me, connecting our backs together. Our heads leaned on one another, eyes observing our surrounds at all sides. "For Moniyan."

I chuckled at her whisper, "For Moniyan."

Natalia released her smoke bomb and threw it infront of her, disrupting the opponent's vision. We dashed in opposite ways, striking each of them with ease. Death has brought them away before they knew, completely distracted by the smoke blinding their eyes.

The smoke slowly dispersed around the air and losing its effect to distract the enemies, the remaining living monsters regaining their composure. As I pulled out my sword from a lifeless body, a sudden force on my right shoulder caused me to lose my grip from the sword, sending it flying into the air. I was pushed forward and nearly fell on my face, instinctively launched an attack with my elbow onto its chest. I watched the monster fell onto the ground, still irritated and caught the sword right back on my hands.

A stinging pain on my arm followed as I launched another attack towards the remaining opponent, maintaining myself to ignore the pain atleast until the war has ended. Warm liquid flowed down from the cut that I caught a glimpse from my arm, knowing its hurts badly as it seems. I had probably received it from one of them when I was unaware. Nevertheless, I have to continue fighting until the situation is safe.

Meanwhile, Natalia swing her claws onto one enemy and another, sending them all lying on the ground in pain, eventually ended due to the great amount of blood loss. An enemy successfully grabbed her foot while she was focused on another one, she growled and swing her leg towards the monster bothering infront of her. The both remained on the ground and her leg was set free from the grip. She awaited for another attack and surprised as nothing has occurred.

Some of the monsters retreated as the crowd has greatly decreased. My worry has grown as I realize that Thamuz and the prince of the Abyss has most likely arrived on the other entrance, where the lightborn are withholding the abyssal forces. "Situation is clear now," Natalia looked around for reassurance.

My eyes laid on my still bleeding arm. I took off my cloth waistbelt and quickly tie it up around my wound, hoping to stop the bleeding. Natalia had obviously caught her attention on the waistbelt around my arm, "Are you okay?" "Don't worry, just a minor injury," I ensured her.

"You have to rest, I'll go now," I carelessly pushed the sword inside my scabbard as I kept my eyes on her. "Thank you," she left a pat on my shoulder. "It's been a long time, we will meet again at some time." A smile formed on my face as a response to the warmth in her voice. "Take care." She flashed me a smile before I turn my back against her, chasing the ongoing fight to provide them extra help, for the empire and the people of Moniyan.