Volume 1 Chapter 1: Endless Sea Of Blood

The sound of screams reached her ears as she slowly approached the room of the Major. Her best friend and boss in the war against Germany and China. They were losing horribly against the Nazi soldiers with cybernetic exoskeleton armor. World War Three was going terrible but no one wanted to admit it until it was too late.

Lexington gripped onto her two dual pistols as she kicked down the double doors to the main office. She saw something frightening and heartbreaking. The major was being tortured by a few soldiers.

Her eyes widened in shock but then she heard him say softly,"Lexi, I thought I told you to get somewhere safe." She clenched her teeth and then screamed out as she emptied her two guns entire clip into the enemy. Blood splattered everywhere, including all over the major.

Lexington rushed over while holstering her guns, she untied the bindings to free her friend. Once he was free she heard multiple people running down the hallway.

She flipped over the table and then held her major close as the bullets flew past her face and all into the wall ahead of them. "It's going to be alright, I'll make sure you see your wife and kids again, Major Thomas." He grabbed her wrist stopping her from vaulting over the table to fight for him recklessly. "There's too many, even for you." She went to say something but a rogue grenade made it's way over the table and in-between them. He threw it back but then a huge explosion happened to their right. The Germans blasted through the wall to reach them. The major grabbed Lexi and ran towards the balcony. But there was no way for both of them to make it there without dying. The sound of a machine gun powering up reached Thomas's ears. He powered through the glass window and gave her a boost to the other building's balcony. She landed gracefully onto the railing and when she turned around to help him he was smiling happily with his eyes closed. "Come on, major Thomas!" He shook his head as he stood there fully relaxed. "Please go on and live for the both of us. Goodbye, Lexington Gibson." A bullet went through his chest and hit the railing next to her. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw him get torn to pieces by a storm of bullets. His body slumped over the railing and his eyes were dull and lifeless.

Lexington ran towards the stairwell but heard the Nazi soldiers coming up the steps quickly. She was doomed to die no matter what her major did to save her life. "I won't go down without a fight, damn Nazis!"

She vaulted over the railing and landed onto two soldiers as she fired two shots. She spun her pistols on her index finger as she stood there trying to catch her breath. She heard more coming for her. She got a great idea. She slid down the railing all the way down to the bottom. She landed in the entryway surrounded by enemies.

One woman alone to fight against a entire army of elite soldiers filled with bloodlust. She knew she was a goner but her will to fight wasn't wavering in the slightest. She released the empty clips, threw up her two guns and pulled out two clips. She waited a few seconds and the guns landed gracefully onto the clips. She gripped onto the triggers and killed the two men blocking the doorway. She dashed out the door before she was filled with holes.

Bullets flew past her as she sprinted down the street that was covered in blood and littered with lifeless bodies. Women and children weren't spared this time. Peace and love didn't exist in the future for the ones who wronged Germany back in the day during World War Two.

They were making history with this war, they were once the most humiliated country due to the failures of the past. But they are proving to everyone that underestimating the underdog was a huge mistake.

Lexington turned the corner trying to escape the squadron chasing after her, but she soon regretted changing courses. A huge mech with laser guns was turning people of all races and genders to black ash. She gasped softly and grinded to a stop. "Fuck, where do I go now?" She looked past the mech into the distance and saw the sparkling ocean. "It's my only option, or any hope to survive this hell on earth." Her breath was ragged and she was covered in sweat and other people's blood.

This was the final push, she didn't have much energy left but good thing she was the fastest person in her squadron and in her class back in the academy.

The wind blew past her face as she quickly made her way towards the huge mech suit.  Bullets zoomed past her body from all directions as she inched towards her salvation. Her small height and size was finally helping her in the heat of battle.

She gave herself cover fire as she got closer to the heavy metal monster with cybernetic technology. She saw a grenade launcher just laying on the ground in the clutches of a dead soldier. She thanked the god looking down upon her with grace and mercy.

She threw her two guns to the ground and slid towards the body just barely dodging a charged up laser attack. She grabbed the heavy duty gun and tried to yank it out of the grasps of the rotting corpse. But it was stuck due to rigamortis. She was going to die if she couldn't get the gun. She was a sitting duck just waiting to be shot up. She lifted the corpse's arms and lined up the shot. She was sitting on the lap of the dead body, yikes. She pulled on the dead finger holding the trigger and send several grenades flying towards the hunk of walking metal and the soldiers up ahead in her way. She was a great shot with no matter what weapon she used, the perfect one woman army super soldier. Trained at a young age and basically raised in the military by her uncle. Her parents died mysteriously in a classified mission. All she was told was that they fought for their country and were heroes.

Right now Lexi was feeling like some kind of hero tearing through the forces of the enemy of her country. Her blood was pumping and boiling as she pushed forward without any hesitation. When she ran out of ammo she just used the gun as a melee weapon or something to block the bullets.

She was getting tunnel vision as the goal became in reach of a few feet. She was mess but didn't seem to care. Blood soaked clothes, breathing heavily, and feeling no pain due to the adrenaline rush.

Lexington legs were failing to keep up with the same pace than before and her eyelids felt heavy. It seemed like she was hit a few times but she can survive if she can just get to the water. Right?

She was only a few inches away from reaching the water but the sound of bombshell's falling and hitting the streets behind her reached her ears too late for her react. She felt the blast of a burning sensation wash over her back. She was sent flying through the air straight into the cold water.

She was too weak to fight against the waves as they swallowed her body up. Shards of glass was sticking out of her body from earlier. Stray bullets hit her in the arms and legs. The salt from the ocean entered her wounds but since she was high on adrenaline she didn't feel a thing. She knew that it was over as soon as she saw the state of the streets. So much blood and death staring in her the face, but giving up was never her thing. A temporary goal fighting towards was all she could do to stop herself from turning into a coward. She wanted to die with a bang, but who knew that she would die by her own country's air support.

Fate is truly cruel especially in war. As she slowly sank down to the bottom of the ocean losing the ability to breathe. She saw her life flash before her eyes. She failed to live for her major but at least she sent a few Nazis to hell before she left this plane of existance.

The darkness slowly disappeared and she felt a bright light upon her skin. Memories that didn't belong to her mixed with her mind. She felt smaller than normal, what was happening? She was sure that she died but when she opened her eyes she saw someone unfamiliar staring back at her. His words were blunt and honest. She going into shock over his accent it was northern english. But she was definitely in America just few a second ago. And the UK didn't join the fight against the Nazi just yet, they were still on the fence with their decision.

She wanted to speak but nothing came out, and her body wouldn't move. She was frozen in place but could look around feely. Was she hallucinating or something? So many questions ran through her mind but nothing made sense. She was going crazy by the lack of control over her own body. This entire situation was causing her panic and hyperventilate. The figure knocked her out and picked her up over his shoulder to take her somewhere more safe.

To be continued...