Volume 7 Chapter 8: Two Halves Make A Whole?

Previously: Hermes glanced down at Rose with a snide smirk. She looked ahead and the face that stepped out. It set Rose's entire body on fire with rage. Seraphina Azazel steps into view of the crowd and just seeing her face causes Rose to seethe with deep hatred. Sera smirked deviously and practically laughed at Rose's rage. "Oh heyyyy, princess? Long time no see, no? I'm going to enjoy breaking you in front of your lovely God of death. And your disgusting other way half, that damn creature of the night." Rose flew towards Sera and had blue flames emitted from her body. But she wasn't the only one with wings. Seraphina sprouted her black feathered wings and blasted off the ground with her explosive black flames. Rose's Void sword cut Sera across the face but only a scratch formed. Sera uppercutted Rose and a huge delayed explosion happened. Her body went flying into the air. Her eyes widened at the feeling of her jaw no longer being there. She couldn't verbally speak. Feathers of darkness flew her way. Rose stopped mid air and deflected the feathers but they continued to duplicate and fly towards her vital organs. Rose was being blinded by rage. She was impaled from all sides and directions. Her body fell from the sky unconscious. Seraphina reached deep into her chest to grab her soul. "That was easy." "Exactly." Seraphina tried to retract her hand but she couldn't. "You insulted my soulmate way too many times. You were allowed to live because I told Vlad to spare your life." Rose got off the ground. Vlad was slowly taking over. "You fucked with the wrong Champion. We are now working as one entity." Seraphina struggled against the darkness as vines wrapped around her arm. It crept up her arm and spread throughout her entire body. "I should have killed you whenever I had the chance." Rose's voice was deep and sounded more like a beast. "No! Let me go!" "Not a chance." Vlad spoke up from the left side of Rose's face. He created a second mouth. "We are hungry. And you are going to be our lunch." Seraphina tried to self-destruct but all of the magical particles were vacuumed up into Rose's body. Seraphina's flesh turned to the black smoke as her entire being and soul were devoured.

Rose looked up at Hermes and smirked at his own mental expense. "What a twist of events, who thought that the fallen angel was going to win? I sure did! On to the next I guess!" He was pleading for the next few prisoners to defeat this champion of death. His boss can't find out about his activities behind the scenes. If she rats him out, he's doomed for all eternity.

Jack Frostbane walked out of the tunnel and his arrogant expression set Vlad's soul on fire with surprise and excitement. "You know what this means, Vlad? If he's here then the others must be." "Yeah, I'll actually get a chance to confront them about betraying me. Let's give up fighting individually and fight as one, eh Rose?" She lowered her head and relaxed her body fully. Their two souls combined and their outside appearance shifted.

Black Knight Of Death: Black knight armour with an azure hellflame design that shimmers with magic and glows in the darkness. The right shoulder and elbows have spikes. They have a black cape with a Hellflame design on the edges and a golden skull in the centre, it's clasped together with chains covered in spikes. They don't have a helmet. Rose's left eye is hazel green with a hawk shaped pupil and their right eye is lavender purple with a black pentagram that glows gold with magic. Two long swords of darkness on their back. Two short azure hellflames swords on either side of their hips. (6'5 feet tall.) 

The crowd gasped at the strange appearance rose now sported. Hermes felt worry morph into dread in the pit of his stomach. Cerberus felt honoured for his azure hellflames to be incorporated in the design. Hades was curious about this strange appearance. He got a telepathic message from Rose, as she felt his question reverberate between their soul connection. "I can combine my soul with my soulmate's and we can create new magic and armour combinations. I wonder what our outfits and magic would look like put together?"

Rose grabbed her short sword and Vlad grabbed his long sword from their back. They both were looking at each other in their shared subconscious. "You aren't a monster, Vlad." He interlocked his fingers with her soft ones. "You are right, I'm not a monster in your eyes. But to everyone else. I'm not something beautiful or gentle." "Well why should we care about what others think? When will we have each other?" She smiled warmly at his defeated expression. "You really are the best, Rose. Let's destroy my past and create a better future together?" He leaned down and they kissed each other happily. "Alright, sounds like a plan."

Jack pointed at Rose and laughed at her change in outfit,"Is that supposed to scare me? I've already killed you once, I can do it again!" "And that's why you died last time, Jack." The voice of Vladimir, his former friend and comrade came from his own shadow. A dark arm reached out and grabbed his ankle. Figures of darkness resembling Vladimir crawled out Jack and Rose's shadow. "Vlad!?" Jack looked generally terrified. His immense sense of confidence drained from his face. He stumbled backwards breathing heavily as fear gripped his heart. "They didn't tell me you were here! Oh fuck! Hey announcer! Yeah you! I quit!" The crowd gasped and started to complain. Hermes was being consumed by confusion and anxiety. "You don't get to run away from this fight of death and carnage. Jack, how about you just die like a man?" Jack gulped hesitantly in terror as he decided to make a break for it. His legs were restrained by chains made from his own shadow. He fell to the ground and began to try and crawl on his elbows. Rose and Vlad slowly walked towards him. Blade dragged his long sword on the ground behind him. It was like a scene from a horror movie. Vladimir was his old friend's boogeyman.

Jack rolled over and looked up at the knight. They now had a helmet with ram horns with azure hellflames emitting from the tips. Their two different coloured eyes were glowing bright with magic. Rose stabbed him in the leg so he couldn't get away anymore. He didn't dare to look away from the right side of the armour. "Listen Vlad, we are all sorry about leaving you behind. You were killed unjustly. We just had things to do. We couldn't just help a criminal..." Rose stabbed him in the other leg. "I was falsely accused and was executed without any trial!" Vlad stabbed him in the chest. They crouched down and Rose grabbed his soul. "Vlad, you were too strong. You had to be put down." Blood began to come up his throat. "You had to be killed, before you became a god." Rose yanked out his soul and held it up in front of her mouth. The helmet disappeared where the mouth was located. She threw his arrogant ass soul into her mouth. His magical power was pretty tasty. "They betrayed me because they were jealous?" "I told you that they weren't worth your time. They are just envious of your strength." He looked down at his dead comrade. A lock on his dark soul began to crack. He turned his back on his corpse and returned to the correct side of the coliseum. The chain of Betrayal on his soul crumbled to dust in that very moment.

Just as they were walking back another familiar face entered the field, walking past the dead corpse of Jack. She was once in love with that jerk frost ogre. She set on fire and screamed out,"VLADIMIR! HOW DARE YOU KILL MY LOVER!?" "So you're here too, Hana?" "How fitting, this bitch deserved nothing less but to be placed here." The two contrasting voices coming from the same body confused Hanako Xander deeply. Her fox eyes shook violently at the sight of two different coloured eyes staring back at her. "That little bitch, is here too!?" "I'm no longer little! I'm a woman and I'm going to happily kick your ass!" "There's no way you grew that much since our last battle." "Then you will just have to find out, Hana." "How dare you call me something, only my friends call me! You damn little brat!" She created beasts of fire and ice and they sprinted towards the Black Knight. Vlad retrieved two new long swords and Rose lit his blades on fire.

To be continued..