Volume 1 Chapter 5: Traveling Mercenaries...

Previously: Rose clenched her teeth as the sigil burned into her skin. "What do I do now?" "Try imagining you collecting moisture from the atmosphere and purifying it into drinkable water." She looked at him curiously. "Imagine huh?" Rose closed her eyes and did something better than what Vlad suggested. She whispered softly,"I want it to rain fresh water." He went to make a joke to mock her wishes but then something hit his face that cold and wet. He looked up to see rain fall from the clouds up above. The sun was still out but it was now pouring rain. "How is this possible? There's no way that she's a normal human. My first hunch about her being something other than a human has to be correct. But I still can't figure out what race she belongs to. There's no way she's one of them, right? I might just have to break my promise if she turns out be one of them. Despicable creatures the lot of them, I promised to destroy them all without any mercy." She was looking at him with so much excitement but he didn't give the same expression of amusement. It was grim and cold more than before. She didn't know why he was giving her a look of pure hate and disgust, she thought he would be at least a little surprised. But this reaction gave her chills and this filled her mind with a bunch more questions instead of giving her answers. Will she ever figure him out and vise versa?

While they are questioning each other silently and being rained on. The Rose Kingdom is in trouble of being overwhelmed by the enemy. The citizens and remaining people retreated to the underground where there is a system of tunnels. Garret was out of breath but kept pushing himself until they secured the exits to the underground tunnel system, once the stragglers ran past him with undead ghouls and skeletons following closely behind. A few magic users closed the exits off with earth manipulation Magic. Garrett snapped his fingers and fire users lit the oil soaked torches on fire so they could have some light to see. Their was vents scattered throughout the huge room so the smoke didn't suffocate them.

Garrett slid down the wall and caught his breath as he thought about his princess and saying that he will find way to get back their kingdom from the enemy no matter how long it takes.

Meanwhile the new evil king is taking his place at the throne made out of rose gold. He looked at the very spacious room and decided to redecorate it a bit. He snapped his fingers and then his golden irises with emerald green pentagram pupils glowed brightly. As he made all the torches on the pillars, light up with neon green fire. "That's much better, the dark and gloomy aesthetic, just isn't my style. The sounds of screams outside the castle's windows though. What a wonderful sound to hear, I can't wait to see the whole world burn and be shaped in my image." A devilish grin formed on his face. "As long as he doesn't interfere, like before. Then I should be able to get everything I desire no problem."

Vlad and Rose continued traveling north towards the Lavender Kingdom's boarder.

A huge herd of Kangarinos were chasing down a group of traveling merchants in caravans. Vlad was going to let them parish and just protect Rose from harm. But she did something unexpected and sprinted past the caravans. She grabbed her dual daggers as she leaped into the air. She kicked one in the jaw and threw her blades into the skull of two other beasts. They all three fell to the ground simultaneously. She grabbed her sword and cut through the weak flesh of the one she knocked down.

She retrieved her two blades and dashed backward trying to figure out which one to fight against next. But then an alpha approached her and got up on it's hind legs. She went block it's heavy duty punch from it's armored fists. But her small body couldn't withstand the powerful shockwave. She got sent flying backwards into the sharp sandy ground. Bounced, rolled, and slid to a stop with tons of scrapes and scratches. The alpha and the rest of the herd went to finish her off but then suddenly...