Volume 3 Chapter 7: Celebratory Feast & Claiming Ignorance?

Previously: As soon as Rose reawakened she could hear metal clashing the in the far distance with her enhanced hearing. She mimicked what Vlad did and pulled out the hardened feathers with her water vortex combo shaped hands. She sat up as she slowly healed her wounds. What she saw shook her to her very core. She screamed out at the top of her lungs as her body drastically transformed.

Vlad was just about to be slaughtered where he stood by Seraphina and Zane. He looked weak and pathetic, very unlike him. He underestimated his enemy's strength and limits. He was barely conscious but then the sound barrier was broken and he heard Rose's soft voice. It brought him back from the brink of death. He opened his eyes only to see her standing in front of him, with her hands spread out wide. She was breathing heavily as sweat ran down her face. She was barely conscious and fighting against her head concussion. They both were in bad shape but she refused to give up on him. "Stay away from him!" Her voice was deeper normal and she was in her Cursed One half form. "Step aside kid." Sera said sternly. "Rose, just..." "I'll kill you, if you dare to hurt him anymore than you have already!" "Kill me? Pfft, that's adorable." Seraphina laughed and then set off a huge explosion directly into Rose's chest.

But her body didn't move an inch, she started bleeding heavily but held her ground. "Move!" Rose was sent flying into the ground very far away from Vlad. She looked up to see her getting ready to end his life. "No!" She pushed herself off the ground and sprinted towards the two champions. She jumped and flew towards the red hawk woman. She tackled her to the ground. "I said, stop!" She was sent flying once again, her body was even more beat up than before. She reached out and grabbed a pole of wind. "He's my friend. I'll die for my friends, in a heartbeat!" Seraphina sent her feathers into Rose's body all over. "Stay down, and die. I'll send this monster alongside you in the afterlife." "You are going too far!" Seraphina slapped Zane to the ground, she wasn't acting herself. "You are on a power trip, snap out of it!" "Shut up or I'll kill you too!" "Rose, hang on I'll..." Zane was impaled by the Azure sword by Seraphina. He coughed out blood and collapsed the ground. Rose crawled towards Vlad and just barely managed to drip a few drops of her blood into his mouth before being grabbed by Sera. Her throat was slowly being crushed without a hesitation. "All monsters and their sympathizers must die!" "Vlad, don't kill them." She grabbed her wrist tightly as she struggled against giving into death. Seraphina went to mock her words but then her chest suddenly felt really warm. She glanced down only to see Vladimir's monsterous hand. He lifted her off the ground and said in a apathetic tone. "No one else is allowed to hurt what I consider my property. She's all mine to have, which means you've crossed the line. But since she tried so hard to convince me to spare your lives. I'll just wait until she no longer needs you or until you fail to impress me." She released Rose and passed out soon after. Zane and Rose was in severe condition. Vladimir crouched down and grabbed all three of them with his darkness, in the shape of hands.

Later that night: Seraphina is Sakura Kingdom's new princess and she throws a celebratory feast for their rebellion victory with Vlad and Rose as the special guests. Their mercenary names were announced to the public so their real identities weren't revealed. All went back to normal but Rose could sense the tension. Everyone was trying to ignore it but it was gradually increasing in size. Vladimir & Seraphina have a drinking contest, meanwhile Rose & Zane have a eating contest. Eventually Rose was carried to her personal room by Zane with the help of his crimson cloud. Vladimir goes out on the hunt to find himself a living meal that'll squirm his teeth. Rose laid there secretly awake, she heard Zane shut the sliding door. She wanted to talk to Vlad and the others about what happened but she was just too tired to even move an inch. She decided to put it off until tomorrow.