Volume 8 Chapter 3: A Deal Proposal?

Previously: He stood up and brought his drink with him. "Derrick, we are heading to my office. Be sure to keep the drinks coming." He walked towards the wall and snapped his fingers. A door appeared out of nowhere. She followed him closely behind with her second drink in hand.

Zeb shut the door behind them both and stood there with his arms crossed. Percival's office was filled to the brim of fancy trinkets and highly decorated weapons of all shapes and sizes. He was definitely a fan of war and its instruments. But he had class where it mattered. She was finally in the presence of an intellectual of strategy. The strategy of business and deal making, a perfect fit for Rose. They both took their seats across from each other. He tapped his desk and it turned into a table for them to speak for casually. They set their drinks down and a few more magically appeared out of nowhere. "Derrick can transport things with the use of spatial portals. To just places he's seen or been to before. Nothing to fancy or grand." She was starry eyed to this bit of information. "That's awesome! And so handy. You could cut the cost and time of transporting things in half or even lower." His eyebrows raised slightly at her business way of speaking. She changed her way of speaking to fit the atmosphere? He chuckled softly to himself and drank some of his drink. "She's already started to play chess with me." She drank her third drink. "He's getting a taste of my real self and I can tell he desires more." They both set down their drinks and spoke at the same time,"What kind of deal do you have in mind?" "Nice office you have here." They both stared at each other in silence for a few seconds and then bursted into laughter. They both downed their drinks and moved on to the replacement tankards.

He was wearing a Pirate Captain coat with an ocean wave collar that shimmers and moves. It's luminescent and lights up the darkness around. The coat is made out of flowing water made up of cyan, teal, & turquoise. They have no shirt to show off their cobalt blue skin and chisel chest. They have navy blue swim trousers that stopped above the ankles. They have flowing water boots with the same colour palette of their coat. He has a range of gold jewellery scattered throughout his body. Most of it jangles whenever he walks.

He had Cobalt blue skin with a chisel chest and a sturdy muscular build. They have shimmering gold runes and sigils painted on their arms, legs, and across their pecks. Their hair is long and flowing, it floats in the air slightly. It's cool to the touch and smells like the salty ocean. A mixture of cyan & turquoise coloured irises, gold sclera, with tiger shaped pupils. Shark shaped teeth with three rows, has a few gold teeth. Long shimmering gold & black kraken tentacle tongue. He has an ocean wave beard and moustache.

Rose leaned back and he mirrored her actions. "You are a man of your word as long as the price is right, or am I wrong?" He traced the rim of his drink as he nodded his head at her words. "You got me pegged, Lady Blackwell." She shook her head. "There's no need to be too formal. We are going to be great friends after you hear my deal proposal." She giggled playfully at the reaction of intrigue on his face. "As you know I won 1000 souls. And I'm not going to be here often to use them efficiently. So I'm looking into investing them for a few favours and making a business contract with someone. I was wondering if you could help me with that, Percy?" His body jolted awake at the feeling of her grabbing ahold of his dark heart and squeezing slightly. "I'd love to help you with that Isabella. What do you have in mind?" She sipped on her drink, making him wait a little. He was basically salivating at the idea of getting 1000 souls. He would do anything to appease her to get those souls.

Rose exhaled satisfied as she finished another tankard. "That was good. Alright listen up. I'm a fan of making deals, probably just as much as you. It's fun to play if people's minds. But I want to be straight with you. As we are both seen as rotten to the core. We both know how to swindle others to our advantage. But I'm pretty sure we can't fool each other." He grinned widely at her assumptions and nodded his head in agreement. "We are indeed similar. It would be very difficult to fool you. So what do you want from me and my company?" She pointed at him. "I want to form relations with your realm and use you to my advantage in my kingdom." He whistled as he laughed amused. "How bold of you to assume you could use me." "I bet you would enjoy it if it's me who is using you." He laughed even more. He did say yes or no. He just laughed. "You won't regret hearing me out. I'm going to make you rich. And you are going to help make my kingdom prosperous and safe." The sound of riches peeked his interest and he stopped laughing and got serious. "I'm listening, you mentioned something about getting rich?" "I want to build relations with your company and if you agree to my terms. My kingdom will get a percentage of money from your business in my kingdom and the mortal realm. After all I'm going to have your father open the portal of only your realm and put the exit at my sea port." He hummed as he thought over what she said so far. It did seem fair. "Continue." "We will have a relationship by
exchanging goods and services between the Mortal and Sloth Realm. Souls, resources, materials, ideas, blueprints, and man power. I already have an idea of how everything will operate. Are you interested in doing business with me? The 1000 souls as the initial payment of our business relationship. How about it?" He stood up and retrieved a piece of parchment and special magic ink. "This contract is magic. If one of the parties involved tries to go against the agreement. Then it will be extremely painful and the other person's soul will belong to the other party. The contract can become null and void but only if the two parties agree." She held out her hand and used magic to write down the terms of her end of the agreement. He wrote down his terms and after they looked it over. They both signed it.

The portal between two realms resides at the docks, it's regulated by the Morningstar Trading Company. Rose kingdom takes jewels, gold, and silver as payment for entering the kingdom. The paperwork is handled by the Trading Company and they take a small sum of the money.

Rose sat back down and downed another drink. "How are you not unconscious, that many drinks should have…" She downed the last tankard. "I don't have my physical body here. I can't bleed. I'm made out of the magic I contain, unfortunately." She didn't look see through so he wouldn't have guessed. "That's unfortunate." "Yeah, I like the feeling of getting drunk. It's fun. Especially with friends." She winked at him. She got up to leave. "I should apologize to my friend's for being so aggressive. It's just really hard for me to relax. Only certain things do it for me." She gave him another wink. He was lost for words for the first time in a few thousand years. She was on another level of sexy and beautiful. He knew he had a chance but it was slim. "Hold on, do you mind if I tag along just a bit? I'm still interested in getting to know you." She smiled playfully. "Sure, but only if you show me your ship later tonight." His water features acted like a tidal wave. He cleared his throat. "Of course, it would be my honour." She looked at the brute standing at the door. "What's your name?" He glared at her in silence. "Brother, please?" Is what Percy said with his body language. The brute uncrossed his arms,"Zebastian Seacaster. The first mate of Percival Morningstar. And our ship is named The Morningstar." He left the office and stole someone's drink as he stormed towards the exit of the establishment. She looked back at Percival curiously. He was laughing nervously at his friend's attitude. "He's not good with new people." "He reminds me of someone I know." "Really?" "Yeah…" Vladimir was in her subconscious sleeping soundly. He woke up for a second and then went back to sleep. It's not exactly real sleep but a rest mode. Or more like meditation.

Rose walked out of the office with Percival trailing behind. She spotted Vera and Alyssa chatting down by the docks. She spun around and held out her hands,"Wait here a second." She ran towards her friends to apologize. He leaned up against a wooden fence and crossed his arms. "I've always wanted to feel the hot sun against my skin. I was born in hell so the prospects of the mortal realm never came to my mind. But this deal we made. It's very promising and prosperous for both sides. I'm excited. I'm actually excited for the future. I'm looking forward to seeing the open sea and taste the salt in the air. I want to tame a real kraken and kill whales. Damnit, I'm starting to sound like a kid again." He shook his head as he looked around for his first mate. He was talking to a few deckhands and scolding them. Rose returned with her friends. They weren't a fan of Percy but respected their friend's business. "The girls and I are going to go get our hair done or something. I'll meet you here at dusk?" He nodded in agreement to her terms. "Sounds good, Isabella. Have fun." He waved goodbye. She smiled in return and then was pulled away. He watched as the dream girl he's always wanted walked away. "I wonder if she's taken? I didn't see a ring on her finger. But then again she's not in her physical body. I could always ask but that might be too forward? Damn, I really want to be near her. Her aura is radiating just like I imagine the sun is like."

Seafoam Salon with the girls! Well known place run by a Changeling named Lucian. He uses transmutation and transfiguration magic. You can get your makeup done. Nails painted and designed. Get your appearance customized and changed. (1-66 souls, depending on what you get done.)

They all sat down and got their nails done and Vera and Alyssa got a bit of trim. Vera paid for her things to make up for being the worst earlier. Rose asks Alyssa about her going to school in hell. Apparently the concept of learning in an institution doesn't exist in this world just yet. Vera knows what a school is and she too was surprised that it didn't exist. But it's hell, so what can you do? Rose tells Alyssa Kalvaxus, once she gets back her home and creates the concept of going school. She's going to form political bonds with Hell by inviting her to her special school for rare cases all over the 7 kingdoms. Alyssa says she'll try it out but isn't sure if she'll stick around for long. Vera said she was interested in visiting and maybe teaching there about combat. Rose said she would think about it.

To be continued…