Volume 4 Chapter 8: Dark Natured?

Previously: Vladimir walked towards the princess of the Azalea kingdom with a confused expression. He was speechless and couldn't form a single word at the sight of her. She was only a few years older than before. She looked like she was at least 18 or 19 years old. But that's the effect of her being a devil princess. Rose caught up with her friend. "Vlad, what's wrong?" "Rose, this is Lilith Morningstar, she's the princess of the Azalea kingdom. Or she was? I'm not sure what's happening or why she's here." As soon as Rose looked in the direction of the Azalea princess she felt intense pain throughout her entire body. She collapsed to her hands and knees as she saw a strange figure floating above the monster princess.

Rose blinked and then saw she was in her mind palace. It was no longer filled with blood but instead liquid gold. She pushed herself up and walked the figure up ahead with their back to her. It was the God of Chaos in the shape of her old body Lexington Gibson. Rose scoffed annoyed with the creature using her old body. It changed form to a figure of continuously moving darkness. Rose spoke up against her own better judgement,"So you are the one who reborn me into this world, huh?" Her gutsy question caused the figure of darkness to laugh amused. "That is correct. It has been fun observing your journey so far." She had many questions on her mind but one just came out of her mouth randomly. "Why are you hovering over Lilith Morningstar?" He answers by saying,"Because she is my oracle vessel. She can hear my thoughts and communicate with me. Unlike most creatures, she doesn't self-destruct. My element of origin is Void, anything made out of that substance is related to me. One way or another." His words struck a chord with her, she instantly thought of Vlad. He held up his hand and her mouth was forced shut. "Your way of thinking is correct. I'm the one who creates the Condemned. The other God's are the ones who create champions. I believe in redemption and revenge of the soul. After death their soul and heart gets corrupted but there's a way to redeem themselves. But it's different for each Condemned. I'm sure you've noticed that Vladimir has changed since he first met you. It's all because of you. Lexington or should I say Rose?" She was speechless, nothing came to mind. She was frozen in shock. That's when she thought of something,"The void avatar thing, is that a piece of you?" "You are very smart. That is my link to the princess. It's attached to her soul. She wasn't the first oracle and won't be the last. Each of the 7 kingdoms have something that the royal families pass down to the chosen heir of the family. Like your Wind Vortex Magic." Rose was finally getting answers for the questions stuck in the back of her mind. "So how do champions get picked?" He slinked towards her, slowly turning the liquid gold to black tar. She took a step back but then straightened out her back. "You aren't a normal creature, Rose. I made it so you aren't limited to just one god. You are speaking to me via the mind. Your Mind Lock ability was gifted to you, by me." His hand of darkness rested on her head as he towered over her like a giant. "You are going to be either this world's downfall or savoir. It's your choice, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, Rose." He retracted his hand and she was back to reality. Vlad rushed over and asked if she was alright. She looked up and grabbed his outreached hand. "Thanks, Vlad." Rose approached the devil princess with a neutral expression across her face. "I'm going to help the people of this world. No matter what species or race they are. If the Condemned can be redeemed then I'll try and save Vlad too." She held out her hand and smiled genuinely at the other princess. "We have much to talk about, Oracle of the God of Chaos." The devil princess smirked slightly at her words as she reached out to grab her hand.

Meanwhile somewhere else: Kurtz Razko arrives in the Azalea kingdom in a daze after being chased down by monsters. He collapsed to the ground out of exhaustion. Spiders of darkness were gaining on his current position. He gets rescued by a mysterious figure. Emerald sparks of electricity were diminishing in size as he calmed down his heart. "Hey there kid, do you need a hand?" He held out his hand with a small smirk across his face. Kurtz pushed himself up and grabbed his hand. "Who are you? Why are you helping me?" The mysterious figure chuckled softly as he pulled out two blades and combined them into a legendary grade compound bow. "You are looking for someone, is that correct?" "How do you...?" "I was sent here to save your hide. We'll talk more later. For now, just call me, Vann." He pulled back on the bow and created several arrows of emerald electricity. He locked on the spider's hearts and released his hand. The arrows acted like homing missiles. The spider's bodies went limp and burned up. "Whoa, that was awesome!" The man turned to face the kid,"Let's get going, before more come running." He ran past the kid and towards the boarder. Kurtz ran closely behind the older man. "Who are you really? Mr. Vann?"