dressed

Ask and you shall receive! I've had tons of readers requesting more of Virginia's journey, so here we go! More to come, but here is a teaser for you!! 

I stumbled into the penthouse amid a rustle of shopping bags and tissue paper, barely keeping my balance as I shoved my shopping haul through the elevator doors. I had spent the better part of the day putting another dent in the new credit card Derrick had given me, filling out my wardrobe as well as decorating the penthouse to reflect my personality, and I was finally ready to kick my heels off and settle in with dinner and a glass of wine.

Just as soon as I could swim my way out from among all the bags. I let loose a string of curses as my foot got tangled in the handle of a bag and I dropped my purse as I struggled to get free.

"Need a hand, Virginia?"

The cool, smooth voice trickled down my spine as fear registered for a split second, freezing me to the core while simultaneously lighting a fire between my thighs and making me gasp in alarm at the sensations.

My head shot up to find the intruder in my house, although my body was already humming with recognition. Luc was leaning against the sofa table, watching me struggle unceremoniously through my self-inflicted labyrinth of bags, his face passive as he made no move to extend the hand he had just offered.

I noticed he was swirling a glass of red wine around in his hand as he spoke as well, and my eyes darted to the kitchen counter where I spotted the open bottle. I huffed out a sigh, shaking my head.

How long has he been here?

"I got it, thanks." I replied flippantly, extracting myself from the mess and stepping aside to take off my shoes. I leaned against the wall by the elevators as I hooked a finger in one strappy sandal, then the other, pulling them from my feet slowly as I watched Luc watching me and we seemed to size each other up in the dim light filtering from the kitchen.

"Have you been here long?" I asked, my voice sounding breathier than I intended, probably from the physical altercation against a dozen boutique bags, definitely not from the proximity of this gorgeous, mysterious, powerful man.

Luc shook his head slowly, his gaze never leaving mine as he took a long sip of wine and licked his lips.

I watched, mesmerized, imagining the feel of those luscious lips as I groped for something else to say, but he beat me to it.

"I need your services tonight, Virginia," Luc said softly, his emphasis on the word services making my legs tremble with anticipation, my feet rooting to the spot as he pushed himself off the sofa table he had been leaning against and started stalking towards me across the room.

I swallowed thickly, trying to maintain professionalism as I searched for my voice.

Why does this man make me so nervous?

Luc stopped right in front of me, his left hand in his pocket, right hand still swirling that glass of red wine. His emerald green eyes bored into my soul as he considered me for a moment, my dark hair falling free around my shoulders, chest rising and falling frantically as I fought to keep my breathing steady. He lifted the glass to his lips again and drank deeply, finishing the glass and lowering it again as I watched the deep red liquid clinging to his lips before his tongue swept out to smooth it away.

"What do you need from me?" I asked, my voice still a breathy, sultry thing as I tried to keep it sounding casual and failed.

Luc leaned closer, his head cocking to one side thoughtfully as he reached out to grasp a lock of my hair between his fingers, twirling it for a moment before tugging lightly, his lips quirking in a half smile that didn't reach his eyes.