breakfast

Jake's POV

Virginia Sullivan. Well Goddamn, Derek had actually pulled it off.

I mused thoughtfully as I regarded Virginia across the room from me, her gorgeous hourglass shaped figure exposed perfectly even though it was almost completely covered by her clothing. She actually seemed like she could be a lot of fun, in addition to helping to brush up the image of the company.

When Derek had initially come to the partners with the idea of hiring a shared personal assistant, I had been the first to bet against his odds of finding someone who would actually be an asset to the company.

Sure, there were constantly droves of women throwing themselves at the four of us, insisting they could be a great 'secretary' or 'social media manager." But those women were looking for a comfortable salary and a prestigious name.

Virginia Sullivan had already achieved both, without the aide of Derek or his notoriety. If she was willing to take on this job, Derek had to have made it a sweet deal for her somehow. I knew he would have been honest with her as much as possible, too. Derek was many things when it came to women, but he would never manipulate or mislead a woman to do things she didn't want to.

No, if Virginia had made it this far, it was because she knew the job description and was willing to give it a shot. Not that I expected anything from her; but I could definitely see myself wanting her help on some particularly stressful moments in the job.

I suddenly realized I trusted Virginia to actually help me with company projects. And that thought was sexy as hell. I had never trusted a girlfriend to help with thing like that. I couldn't trust them to be loyal. Virginia was different. She understood the industry. She would never aim to gain personally from the company's secret operations. And to boot, she was being paid damn good to follow the rules.

Still, I couldn't wait to work out this schedule with the guys and see exactly when I would be able to start getting to know her. I pushed the idea of the other partners out of my mind.

God knows the four of us were a lot to deal with professionally... let alone personally. I inwardly winced at the possibility that the four of us could get caught in some emotional web of pentagonal love or something with Virginia, but then I remembered she was an employee. There wouldn't be an emotional attachments from any of us.

It was strictly business.

But that's no fun.

Thank god she's not some twiggy skinny thing. None of us like skinny breakable girls. Virginia doesn't lack on the curves department, that's for damn sure. And her creamy skin peeking out above the off-shoulder neckline of that wine colored sweater looked like the foam on top of a cappuccino.

"FRENCH TOAST" I blurted suddenly.

Virginia and Derek looked at me, mirrored looks of confusion on both their faces.

"Excuse me?" Virginia asked, her voice breaking into a slight giggle at the end.

I cleared my throat and repeated, "French toast. That's the breakfast special today. Weren't we supposed to have breakfast together? Real maple syrup and bacon and eggs. Or sausage if you like sausage." I rambled on.

"Hey!" Virginia exclaimed, slapping her hand on the back of the couch. "That's right, I was promised breakfast before the two of you started acting like idiots."