jake

Ginny's POV

After a quick shower, I combed a wave defining cream through my hair with my fingers and twirled pieces around my fingertips to shape them. I dabbed on a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen in it, then tapped a warm coppery eye shadow on both of my lids to complement my green eyes.

With a soft bristled brush I swiped a bronzer-blush blend over both cheekbones, then coated my lashes with two coats of volumizing mascara. I finished the look by smoothing rose balm over my lips and rubbing them together tightly to bring blood to the surface.

Regarding myself in the bathroom mirror, I tugged on the off-the-shoulder sweater I had chosen, shimmying it down just slightly to show off my collarbones. I spritzed my neck with my favorite citrus almond body spray, and slid an edgy pair of pewter earrings into my ears before walking through the bedroom and opening the door.

I let out an involuntary squeal of surprise to see Derek relaxed on the couch directly in front of my bedroom door, watching me with predatory eyes.

"Ready?" he asked, his voice a low rumble.

"Yeah," I breathed.

I walked past him and grabbed my keys and purse off the hook by the door and gestured for him to exit. As he did, I shamelessly checked out his butt.

Yep. Nice as fuck.

After locking the door and dropping my keys into my bag, I looked around the parking lot for the black sports car we had driven in yesterday. I didn't see many cars in the parking lot at all, being a weekday while people were at work, but I certainly didn't see the black GTR.

Beep beep.

The electronic sound of a car unlocking pulled my attention to the left, where Derek was walking nonchalantly towards a jacked up black jeep with a full body kit, making it look aggressive and powerful.

As Derek opened the passenger side door for me, I grinned and hopped in, swinging myself up into the seat with ease.

When I turned to reach for my seat belt, I caught sight of the shocked look on his face.

"What?" I asked flatly.

"Nothing," he said, shaking his head. "Just... I usually have to help people up into this car."

I laughed openly as he slammed my door and came around to the other side, climbing up into his seat in one effortless move before settling back and looking at me.

"Ready for a fun ride?" He asked, wagging his eyebrows up and down.

I kept as serious a face as I could manage and answered, "I was born ready."

This time when the vehicle shot forward, I was ready for it, and I knew I was going to enjoy this ride.

After thirty minutes of bobbing and weaving through traffic, Derek turned off of the main roads onto a two lane highway, and we floated along in silence, my thoughts wandering across the Arizona countryside.

"We're here," Derek announced suddenly, drawing my attention back as he pulled the Jeep into a narrow driveway flanked by huge columns.

A classy, stamped metal sign boasted the name of the exclusive Galloway Ranch. I took in the scenery, the sloping paths that led to different buildings on the ranch, and the subtle built-in grottoes that were nestled into little nooks in the landscape.