Tranquility [Side Story]

Soft specs of warming sunlight peered through each crack and crevice within the leaves of the tree. Doves soared the skies of periwinkle blue and the fluffy alabaster clouds roamed the skies as their domain.

Nancha City was a small one. They were knees deep in poverty. Many of them made a living for their city being known for exotic and unique trades and cottage industries. In addition, they had a hoodlum infestation problem. A city that held dear memories to Kurapika for it was a city he and his old friend Pairo had first ever visited.

Aurora and Killua were currently travelling the world doing philanthropist work shortly after dropping Alluka off with Gon.

Beneath an apple tree, budding flowers and ripe ruby red crisp fruit laid two teenagers.

Ocean currents spared the citizens of Nancha City to suffer massive heat waves, leading in a cool temperature, perfect, that had even brought upon waves of sleepiness amongst the pair.

The field of tulips swayed back and fourth as gusts of zephyr lulled them gently.

Aurora had tired herself out after going on a shopping spree. The sixteen year old bought clothes, jewelry and even old antiques such as music boxes that she found alluring.

Killua however, was simply satisfied with a book he had found. He found it rather amusing. The Legends of Solarid. A town rumored to exist, somewhere, its location not fully determined. However a woman who had a grandmother who supposedly used to serve the twenty third head of the Ivanov Family had written a story about the tales her grandmother would tell.

As far as Killua would say, it was rather accurate. It had many details about the ruling hierarchy of the Ivanov Family.

The feeling of Killua's finger tips ran numb as he attempted to wiggle them.

The mop of jet black hair sprawled all over the side of his body shifted. She curled into herself, using Killua as a means of hiding from the one annoying ray of sun that landed onto her eyelid.

Killua couldn't help but chuckle. "What's so funny .." The groggy girl questioned as she slowly sat up, rubbing the amethyst eyes that were still dazed, filled with an abundance of sleepiness and counted sheep.

"Nothing." Killua smiled. His smiles seemed to become a usual feature around the presence of the charming Ivanov. Aurora was glad she was able to see Killua's shoulders slouched, his muscles relaxed and his sapphire eyes that held fireworks of blooming life in them.

Killua too began to sit up, resting his back against the base of the apple tree, reeling his elbow backward and with one swing, knocked two perfect apples off from the tree as he tossed it up into the air, taking a bite, offering it to Aurora who took a small nibble. She didn't quite like apple skins, unfortunately.

Aurora felt lazy this particular day. Perhaps it was everyday.

Some time after Aurora had resolved her entire family crisis, her mind was finally put to enough rest for her to sleep like a normal human being again. A Nen curse that no longer haunted every nerve and vein of her body, and a woman that no longer weighed her shoulders down with a delusion of carnage.

"I'm so sleepy.." She whimpered, taking a loud yawn before draping her body over Killua's, his arms extended before resting on her back, her face buried into his chest.

Inhaling the cardamom musk, Aurora felt at home. He stroked the back of her head, flipping the page of the book. Aurora noticed he was rather indulged into it. "What book is that?"

"Legends of Solarid. The town rumored to be just a myth." Killua replied, his hands running through the tangled locks of ebony, all frizzy after laying on the grass and turning so much. "Book nerd." Aurora mumbled, her voice muffled.

The ivory haired male didn't allow the remark to slip past, pinching the teenage girl's porcelain cheeks that had grown a shade more tan as they continued to travel to port cities. Leorio was ever so thankful the two didn't look ghastly pale white anymore.

"Oww! Kiluwaa!" Aurora wailed, her lips pouting. He only laughed.

The girl was not amused, turning her back away from him, rubbing her cheeks. "You're so mean.." She frowned at him.

Killua merely cheekily grinned. Almost identical to the signature ones Aurora wore. Her puffed out cheeks only made him more tempted to pinch them, but instead he tilted her chin toward him and pressed a compassionate peck against her lips as she now deflated like a balloon, cheeks flushing a tad bit red. "You cheater!"

He eventually learned how to beat her at her own game.

"Why do you have to be so good looking.." Aurora muttered, shoving his face away.

Killua who rested his chin atop the palm of his hand was infected by the adorableness of Aurora's rare flustered state. Eventually he had zoned out, staring at Aurora slap her cheeks and giving herself a random self rant pep talk.

A pep talk for what? Absolutely no clue.

But every word was drowned out by his own mindful thoughts. The thought of spending the rest of his life with the one very person who illuminated his days as they passed. A smile that rivaled the dawn she herself was named after.

A thought that he without a doubt wouldn't mind. He couldn't get tired of Aurora.

He couldn't get enough.

"Killua..!" Aurora shouted. He blinked once, allowing his eyes to rehydrate themselves, and blinked again, his royal blue eyes reflecting within the oceans of her orchid tides. Her forehead touching his own and her hands that protruded from the side of his shoulders, pinning him against the base of the tree.

"Gosh you didn't hear me calling for you like four times!" Aurora giggled, taking a shift backward.

Killua rubbed the back of his neck. "I was just thinking about something."

The girl tilted her head to the side curiously before shrugging it off. Her promise ring given by Killua twinkled in the sun. It was blinding. Iridescent light that fragmented into dozens of rays.

Ever since giving that ring to Aurora on their ride to NGL, Killua was absolutely certain without a single moment's hesitation or doubt.

He'd marry her.

Apparently it seemed no one else doubted so either.

"I think .. we should go visit Gon and Aunt Mito and Granny at Whale Island next! It's been a while hasn't it? I think Gon mentioned Ging is there at the moment. Maybe I'll take this opportunity to tie him to a fish and toss him to the ocean and hope that fish gets eaten by a larger one and drags Ging down the the darkest trenches of the ocean floor.." Aurora mischievously remarked.

Killua only stared at her in bewilderment. But Aurora only laughed.

The sun was slowly beginning to set before their eyes.

Aurora rested her head against his shoulder. The day slipped away from between their grasps. Not that either of them minded. A day well spent was a day with each other.

Aurora slowly began to feel more drowsy, nodding away. Killua picked her up like a cat and placed her in between his legs, allowing her to wrap her arms around his torso and nuzzle against him.

He reached over to the backpack and unfurled Aurora's quilt, draping it over his lower body and Aurora entirely.

Her breathing steadied, ever so peacefully. Killua, with the accompaniment of the stars that gave the citizens of Nancha hope, was able to find light in the twilight and moon's coordained illumination to allow him to read the letters off the pages of the book.

The male was content with his life where it was now. No matter the pace. "Goodnight Aurora." His dawn laid to rest, tenderly, Killua kissed a lock of her hair. Aurora, barley nodded her head.

And before she slipped out of consciousness, "I love you." A smile graced her features, so delicately like a lotus flower.

She was so bewitching. Killua's thumb continued to brush against her ring finger as he resumed reading with a lopsided smile.

muahhaha i have aligned my sleeping killua and aurora chapters!

any requests for side stories, please comment here!