Chapter 17

Their eyes locked on an old man that strut through the halls with cameras, reporters and his bodyguards all trailing him

Their eyes locked on an old man that strut through the halls with cameras, reporters and his bodyguards all trailing him. Mr.Battera was a multi billionaire whose objective was to obtain Greed Island and to hire professional hunters to play the game. He was their only hope in actually getting close to touching the game really.

Milluki had lost the bidding to that same old man whom spent 30.5 Billion into buying the game. He had a bottomless fortune considering he had beaten the second eldest Zoldyck.

After the auction the three of them went to go find Mr.Battera whom was in a room with his bodyguards, smoking a cigar which was quite frankly bad for his lungs considering his old age. Gon seemed pretty confident about this, as did Killua. "Uhm. We're hunters." Gon had begun awkwardly. "We're willing to help clear Greed Island." Killua said with a grin.

The three of them were still nothing more than kids so it made sense that they looked like a joke. The bodyguards surrounded them, "Don't bother. Go home to your parents kids." One had said, holding his hand up to stop them. The girl sighed, "Not everyone has parents. Don't be rude." She said when in reality; she wasn't really offended at all.

That same man was taken aback. "We're not joking! I'm a pro Hunter!" Gon shouted at their disregarding statement. The girl sighed. "What nonsense." Another bodyguard went until another voice inturupted their argument.

"Do you have a license?" Mr.Battera asked. "Yes!" Gon said eagerly until Killua and Aurora jogged his memory as to when he had pawned it at a shop. The girl rolled her eyes and pulled the card out from her bra, revealing it and shocking the bodyguards and brought a look of surprise onto the man's face.

"So this girl can support the fact that she's a qualified pro-hunter but what about you two?" He asked skeptically. "I'm not lying!" Gon shouted, trying to desperately prove his innocence.

"Hold on .. The fact that you're here means that you are by no means ordinary. However, I can't blindly accept whatever you say. I am indeed looking to hire hunters to clear this game, but I cannot hire you at this time. Because there can only be so many players.

"Each memory card has the capacity to store only onse person's data. With multitaps, you can have a maximum of eight players per console." He explained. "Oh thats right ... That greed island save used up all thirty blocks on the memory card." Gon had recalled from when they had checked back on Whale Island. Killua nodded.

The old man seemed to have a sudden interest in them now. "How did you know that?" He asked, surprised that three kids would obtain such information. "We have a greed island save file." Gon stated with a smile as the man stepped closer to them. "Hvae you played the game before?"

The three of them shook their heads in unison. "No, we only have a memory card." Gon frowned but for some reason the man's eyes had grown wider. Were they on the right track?