Chapter 36

By the time Killua had woken up, the iridescent and beaming rays of light had peaked through the curtain windows

By the time Killua had woken up, the iridescent and beaming rays of light had peaked through the curtain windows. He realized Aurora was gone, however the sheets she had been laying on not too long ago was still warm, which was no surprise to him as his younger sister held onto his hand, a subconscious smile drifting onto her face full of content, warmth and happiness.

He quietly closed the wooden door close without a sound, allowing his little sister to sleep a little longer while he looked around for Aurora. Her tranquil Nen aura had grown so familiar that he had found his feet walking to whichever direction he could sense her from.

Because his footsteps were so quiet, and the gossiping maids weren't used to that, or aware of that fact. They had continued on talking about the Lady of the house. "The lady doesn't look like she's in good condition..." The ginger had whispered as her fingers fiddled nervously enticing themselves with one another.

"You can see it too, can't you?" Her brunette friend replied as she nodded. "The young lady is dying out." The ginger had spoken again. This time her voice held gloom inside of it as she stared to her feet.

"The madam had survived in the house a few more years than she did. But since the young lady was born into the bloodline, it was to be expected. The young lady did good, she held on for longer than any of us had expected." The taller woman shook her head in dismay as she pursed her lips.

"It's alright. Albert is helping her. She'll be fine. We'll all be fine." The two nodded as they went off to presume their chores.

Killua debated on what he should do with the information that had just practically gotten handed to him easily on a platter. He was through with interrogating Aurora and Alluka for the next few days. He was starting to feel a bit guilty. But a more weighing thought had come to mind.

'The young lady is dying out.'

Maybe the curse placed upon Aurora was more malignant than he had originally taken it as.

He had appeared in the dark hallway once again. The same one from last night. However it was more see-able because of the brilliant shimmering rays of light that had escaped from the glass windows, illuminating the other ends of the halls as he carefully examined the walls of the hallway that he wasn't able to do so the night before.

A large pair of spruce double doors with a golden handle had towered above him as he looked up, presuming that this was Aurora's bedroom since her aura was radiating from within it. He knocked as Aurora's soft voice had alluded from within, giving him entry as he pulled the massive bedroom door open.

A maid was already inside her room, placing a cup onto her wooden oak table before bowing her head and walking out respectfully.

"Morning." Aurora had hummed as she put on a dangling diamond earring that hung from her earlobe. He stood there staring as the little sunlight that seeped from the curtains, had shone down on the side of her face. Making her right eye sparkle like a true amethyst as it illuminated her pale ivory skin.