Wanderlust [END]

A vast sea that rippled, tumbled into biting ash

A vast sea that rippled, tumbled into biting ash .. it was a wonder of the world. The revelation of the clock of stars. Every dot connected by a dash of luminescence. Only brilliance alluded the empyrean sky that reflected a salty ocean.

It was an ocean of tears.

Steps dented and folded the grass that felt soft, emerald green blades that beckoned by her presence. A swaying forest danced with the wind's zephyr, blown as a symphony. Empty hours of dusk faded into the midnight hours, a full moon dawned the sky.

Daisies sprouted sweetly from the dirt, vines crawled on the trunks of trees and anticipation flooded the gentle bliss held in the gentle heart of an incarnate of dawn. Thresholds of hope flourished and flapped their wings, traveling together in the comfort of their kind dashed through the air, their wings cutting through the symphony adding in a drop.

Clouds so fluffy, molded by the hands of an angel, almost seemingly edible. The air smelled like petrichor.

Lights strung from the trees and a baby blue plaid blanket laid itself on the floor.

For once, perfection manifested itself. Except one aspect was missing .. but for a second .. it left her mind as she was in a state of astonishment. Something that even before her eyes, the ebony-haired girl had never seen something so breathtaking that she had forgotten to breathe.

The envy she held for years of young children. "Is this .. a dream?"

If Aurora did not have nightmares, she had just slept, almost like a blackout. If not that .. then sleep paralysis. The worst possible scenario she could encounter. One in which those she loved walked away, leaving her behind in a chapter of her own entirely. Its pages flipped, each time, skipping a stone of time, washing her memories in their minds into the depths.

Although Aurora was able to give blessings to others, the same could not go for herself. Dreams had never stepped into her innate domain that dredged with demise.

Gon had told her stories of his dreams .. even Killua occasionally as well. Gon's dreams of the five of them on Whale Island, catching large fish for the villagers and travelers, spending a night of bliss surrounded by the warming hearts of other people .. and Killua's dreams of a field of flowers with the three people he loved most happy, dragging him along to the horizon .. a dream in which the four of them were completely free. 

But Aurora .. hers had nobody, not a soul in sight. It had taken sixteen years for her wish as a child to manifest itself .. yet how could her dream be called a dream without Killua?

The boy who was both her present and future.

Perhaps it was a nightmare in disguise, truly.

Would these flowers that bloomed in the moonlight .. in the dark without the presence of the sun, also teach her how to open up without incandescence of light?