Chapter 1

"Merid, your parents have been killed, and so have Nix's."

'Huh? My parents are dead? How? How?! I made sure to protect them, plus.. dad worked for the royal guard with Nix's family, I'm sure he didn't go down without a fight.' Merid thought to themselves, tears welling up in their eyes. "But how?" They asked.

"We're not sure, but it's guaranteed they were murdered. Your dad's body showed signs of a struggle, though."

The soldier pat Merids head, their indigo hair bouncing with it.

"No," Merid paused. "That's impossible, they couldn't have died, right?"

The soldier looked at Merid, despite his eyes being covered. "We've made sure, they weren't breathing. Even if they were alive, there would be no way to save them, as the blood loss would've killed them."

Merid slammed the door to their home shut, and choked out a sob. Guilt was the only thing they felt. Guilt. Just guilt. If they had gone with their parents to work, would it have prevented it? Would their parents still be here? They can't turn back time, so it's impossible to know. Merid fell to their knees, hitting the wooden floors. They held their head and kept sobbing. The soldier kept knocking on the door over and over, but Merid wouldn't answer. Infact, how would they answer? The guilt they were feeling was too much for them to handle. They didn't want to move, or even talk to anyone about this for that matter. 

"Hey, leave them alone!" A voice spoke. "Give them time to process it!"  

The soldier fell with a thud, on the rock hard concrete. The door flew open, nearly hitting Merid. Merid fell back, and then came Nix. A red haired, 6'2", blue eyed boy. 

"Merid, you ok?" He tilted his head in concern.

"Ye-yeah. I'm fine." Merid shakily got up, they looked to their right. Their fathers cape was sitting on a coat hanger, Merid grabbed it and immediately put it on. Previously the cape was a reddish color, but it changed to a shade of purple when Merid put it on somehow. "...This is hard to process, afterall."

"Understandable, I'm still working it out myself." Nix responded, before sitting by Merid. He held his knees with the palm of his hands.

"Do you have any clue who could've done this, Nix?" Merid asked, nervously.

"All the clues go to Noe. But I'm not exactly sure, They're under trial." Nix answered. 

"...Really? Weren't they highly respected by the royalty, even your family? Who are the king and queen of this place?" Merid hit the ground in frustration. "How? Will they get away with this? They shouldn't!"

Nix held up his hands. "Merid, calm down. I'm still not sure."

"HOW CAN I BE CALM? I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE MY PARENTS BEFORE THEY DIED, NIX." Merid shouted.

"Merid please-" 

"NO! THEY'RE GONE AND I WASN'T THERE TO HELP!" Merid wiped a tear from their eye. "Just leave.…"

Nix stepped towards the door, dragging the knocked out soldier with him back home.

Merid unbuttoned their father's cape, it returning back to the red color it had previously. Hanging it back up on the coat hanger. They got up and walked to their room. Their room had lavender painted walls, all of the furniture were different shades of pink and purple. Merid laid flat on their bed, hoping they would fall asleep. 

With enough time, Merid had finally dozed off. 

----

Noe was basically a runaway criminal. They were hiding from authority under Nix's command, hiding in an alleyway. Their teal hair was messy, and their frail body was damaged. Noe most likely had a broken nose, and it wouldn't stop bleeding. 'Neptune.. Neptune. I have to find Neptune and get her to safety.' They thought to themselves.