Chapter 2

They walked back to Nix greeting them with a hug. Merid didn't know what they should do in return. "I'm so glad you're here, Merid." Nix complimented Merid, who was unable to respond, and just yawned. Nix laughed, and led Merid into a bedroom. The bedroom looked exactly like the one at Merid's house, the purple curtains, the indigo beanbag, the pink and purple bed, everything was the same. A smile came across Merid's face as they jumped onto their bed, falling asleep instantly. Nix walked into his own room, which was the same as the one back at his castle. He made his way to his bed and dozed off.

Merid and Nix woke up, exiting their rooms to find Neptune beating Mike until he was bloody. A shattered, red, heart necklace could be seen nearby the two, it was the one that Neptune was wearing. "APOLOGIZE! APOLOGIZE!" Neptune yelled out, punching the bruised Mike. Mike most likely had a broken nose, no words were coming from him. Neptune kept punching him, she had Mike pinned onto the ground. Mike had stopped breathing completely, he had broken bones all over. Merid ran over and grabbed Neptune. Neptune was in tears, covered in Mike's blood. "He..broke the last thing I had from my family!" She sobbed. "The necklace?" Merid asked, turning Neptune around and putting their hands on her shoulders, like how you would talk to a child when they're upset. Neptune nodded, tears streaming down her face. Merid felt bad for her, genuinely. They would've done the same if they had gotten their hands on Noe. Nix had been handling Mike, trying to bring him back with electricity, like what they do in hospitals. Despite Nix's various attempts, Mike would not come back. Andromeda walked in the room, shocked. Merid signed to Nix not to say what happened. Nix nodded. "Andromeda, we… have no clue what happened here. Neptune might've witnessed it, but we aren't sure." Nix lied. Andromeda was frozen in shock. "Someone broke in- and… and killed him, I woke up before everyone and.. I saw his body and I tried to bring him back somehow." Nep sobbed. "It didn't work. I'm sorry."

Andromeda nodded, she didn't seem to show any sadness or anger, she seemed calm. "..Alright, I understand." She walked towards Mike's body, picking it up. "I'll dispose of this, everyone, clean up Neptune and the floor. The floor could get stained pretty soon." She walked outside with Mike's body in her arms.

The trio cleaned up the bloody floor, making sure not to miss any spots. After that Neptune got to choose who helped her get new clothes, she picked Merid. "You, purple person!" She pointed to Merid, she seemed to cheer up pretty quickly. Perhaps this is how she normally acts? "Oh, ok. I'll help you find clothes.." Merid nodded. "Follow me!" Neptune hopped up. "Alright!" Merid made their way to a closet with Neptune following closely behind them. 

"Here." Merid had found clothes that fit Neptune; a sleeveless teal shirt, long pale-blue armbands, dark teal pants, and blue short boots, all of the clothes were in perfect condition. "Thank you!" Nep tilted her head and smiled, her teal color covering one of her eyes. She ran into another closet and changed. Merid leaned on the wall, waiting. After a few minutes, Neptune came out, the outfit Merid had put together suited her perfectly. 

"Ah, it looks good on you." They complimented Neptune. "Thank you!" Neptune grinned. "We should.. probably head back to everyone else, right?" She questioned Merid, although she seemed younger, she was one year older than Merid. Neptune was 11, and Merid was 10. 

"Right. Let's get going, then!" Merid led the way. 

The two returned, Andromeda could be seen talking to Carmen, who was upset. Perhaps Mike's death from earlier upset her? Neptune walked over to Carmen, and asked her what was wrong. "Leave me alone!" Carmen backhanded Neptune. Neptune didn't budge at all, she didn't even seem to care either. "Okay!" She chirped and made her way back to Merid. Nix had watched the whole thing happen, and looked to Neptune. "Neptune, right?" She looked at Nix and nodded. "Are you.. stronger than most?" Nix added. "Yep!" Nep held her hands together. Andromeda interrupted the two, grabbing Neptune's arm. "You need a weapon."