Chapter 9

----

Gemini did not succumb, he awoke tied up to a chair and with bandage wrapped around his eyes and forehead. "Eh?"

"Finally awake, I see?" Nix spoke, laughing. "It's about time, Gemini. You could still prove useful to me." 

"Prove..useful..?" Gemini was slightly taken aback from Nix's words. "What do you.."

"Right. You're unaware about all of this. Hmph." Nix laid back in his chair, sighing. "Well, your objective is to kidnap Merid, and bring them to me. Got it?" Gemini nodded as Nix resumed speaking. "And if you refuse.. I have other methods of forcing you to do it."

"Yes your majesty.." Gemini slightly stuttered, before lifting his head up to ask something. "May I be released now?" Nix got up, beginning to remove the bandage on Gemini and untying him from the chair. "Yes, you may."

"Thank you, sir." Gemini nodded his head as he stood up from the chair, fixing his hair before he left. When Gemini had shut the door, Nix glared. He had the feeling that Gemini would not follow through with his orders. Either way, Nix would still manage to force him into it. He knew it.

Nix sighed, returning back to his studies.

---- 

As the group kept walking. As Summer kept watch on Nova, Jupiter watched from the sidelines. They twisted a wooden puppet in their hands, forming it to shape Archer. Jupiter forced Archer to keep his mouth shut, as he was forced to pull out his knife.

Archer's arm swung towards Merid, yet his shocked expression contrasted the power in that swing. Luckily, Merid had moved, causing their ponytail to be cut off in a messy fashion. "Archer, what the h-" They were cut off, seeing Jupiter standing in front of Archer. Jupiter messed around with some red, glowing, string in their hand. "Hello Merid. I am suggesting you do not interfere with this, as I am following king Nix's orders."

"Like hell I'm gonna let you go through with whatever he told you!" Merid yelled out, looking behind themselves to realize the rest of the crew had walked away. "Shoot." 

"Well, well, well.." Jupiter smirked, wrapping Archer up in the string. "I hope you don't mind if I.." They slightly raised their hand, tightening the rope tied onto Archer's arm.

Soon enough, the rope would dig into Archer's arm, causing him to finally scream out in pain. Seeing this, Merid ran towards Jupiter, swinging their scythe at Jupiter with all of their might. Only to be tied up in the same red string. "Now now, didn't I tell you not to interfere?" Jupiter tightened the string on both of the two, beginning to walk to Merid, glaring. 

Merid grimaced in pain, not responding to Jupiter. Without a response, Jupiter only got more upset. They made the string on Archer's arm nearly tight enough to deeply cut open his arm. "Answer me, and he doesn't get hurt." Jupiter demanded, knowing very well they'd do it anyways. 

"Fine, fine! Yes.. you.. you told me not to interfere. Now will you let us go?" Merid shouted, in hopes of escaping. "..No." Jupiter smirked, the string causing Archer's arm to start bleeding. Archer fell to the ground on his knees, hyperventilating and almost in tears. Until suddenly, Jupiter passed out. The red strings loosened on the two, letting them free. 

Merid looked up, seeing a light blue haired man, with a familiar ripped shirt. "Eh, Gemini?"

"Ah, it's so wonderful to see you alive!" Gemini beamed. "Huh? How are you.." Merid muttered in a confused manner. "Don't worry about it." He smiled, helping Archer and Merid up. "Now, let's get you back to your group!"