Chapter 8

----

Neptune and Nova both carried Merid to a forest. "I feel like she'd be here.." Neptune stopped, laying Merid down in the grass. "But, we should really take a break." Nova nodded, before saying something. "I'll keep an eye out in case anyone tries to attack us."

"Sounds good!" Neptune sat on the ground, "I'll keep watch on Merid." 

Merid laid there, unconscious as Neptune watched over them. "Their bleeding seemed to slow down, that's good, right Nova?" Neptune turned to Nova. "Should be." Nova answered, looking through a bit of bushes. 

"Ah! I see her!" Neptune pointed to Andromeda in the distance. "And..Mike? I thought I-" 

Nova turned around. "No. Eztli's wife must've brought that guy back to life, and Nix must've mind controlled him after." He continued. "Look, I am alright with Nix. But, if he figures out I'm with you guys I'm done. We need to get rid of Mike."

"But he's Andromeda's brother! I can't kill him again!" Neptune raised her voice, looking Nova straight in the eye.

Nova began to walk away from the two, adjusting his limb attachments. "Then I'll gladly do it myself."

Andromeda overheard the two, immediately turning in the direction of their voices. "Neptune, Merid? And..Who?"

"Nova. Just Nova." Nova took off one of his arm attachments, holding out that hand for a handshake.

Andromeda accepted the handshake, replying with her name. "Andromeda." She looked up, seeing Nova had vanished.

"Listen, I don't know who you are. But you're dead." Nova was seen holding Mike by his neck, aiming a rifle towards his head. Andromeda quickly summoned a boulder, hitting Nova with it. "WHAT do you THINK you're doing!?" She yelled out, clearly angered as she teleported the boulder away.

"Ggh-" Nova winced in pain, looking up at the angered Andromeda as he was laying on the ground. 

"Pff-!" Mike chuckled. "AHAHAAHAA-! You really thought I came back to life normally? That I wasn't planning to kill you all?" Fear struck Andromeda's eyes, as she fell to her knees. "After everything.."

She was soon cut off by Nova. "I was right! He.. He is being mind controlled by Nix!" 

"Aww, took you a while to figure that out, huh?" Mike laughed, without a care in the world. 

Neptune dropped Merid, waking them up. 

She charged towards Mike, balling up her fists as she began to attack him.

Even with the speed of Neptune's kicks and punches, Mike still managed to dodge nearly all of them. Neptune had aimed a punch towards Mike's face. As he blocked it, Nova fired a clear shot into his side, causing him to fall over.

"M-Merid, Neptune! Finish..him off!" Nova shakily cried out, before passing out as his limb attachments started to heal his wounds. 

Neptune grabbed Mike, throwing him up and towards Merid's direction. Merid summoned the pole of their scythe, hitting Mike towards Neptune. As the two went back and forth hitting and slashing Mike, he was slowly dying. 

And soon enough, the two would stop, letting Mike's body hit the ground. 

"Let me see.." Neptune kneeled down, and checked his heartbeat. "Yep! He's dead, alright." 

"Good.." Merid sighed, turning towards Andromeda. They walked over to comfort her.

Andromeda would then push Merid away, crying but also laughing. "Aha, it's pathetic.. is it not? Everything I try to do, to protect you all or not.. It's useless! It's useless! It's all just useless! Aha!-" Her voice cracked as she sobbed.