Chapter 3

----

Everyone had returned to Andromeda's warehouse, but Merid didn't even greet Andromeda or Carmen, they just ran to their room.

----

A sense of dread came over Merid, their head was spinning. Tears streamed down their face. Pink tears, oddly. They covered their mouth since their head spinning made them nauseous, but that wasn't any good, Merid had vomited on the floor. "..Ugh.." The image of Ruby's decapitated head would not leave their mind, their clothes were still covered in blood. 'If I'm going to fight, I have to.. learn how to deal with this..' Merid's own voice echoed in their mind, repeating that exact phrase over and over. Tears kept falling, they couldn't stop crying. 

The door swung open, Carmen had walked in. "You. What are you doing?"

"Uuh.." Merid wiped their mouth.

"Go on, answer the question… Did you.. vomit?" Carmen tilted her head, her caramel hair covering one of her eyes. Merid nodded. "Yeah..I got overwhelmed.." Carmen didn't speak anymore, she just grabbed Merid's hand, and dragged them back to the living room.

----

"Merid, you decapitated someone, correct?" Andromeda asked, looking at Merid. Merid was exhausted to say the least. "..Yes, I did." Andromeda smiled. "I guess my predictions were incorrect, then."

"Huh.. what do you mean by that?"

"I had thought you would die."

Merid paused, realizing the danger of the situation. "..Oh.." Andromeda turned her back, walking to her room. "You don't need my training." Merid's eyes widened a little. "W-wait! Really..?" 

"Yes, I mean it Merid." Andro resumed walking to her room. "Wh..Alright..?" Merid nodded, and turned to Archer. "Hey, Archer. Did you get injured anywhere other than your head?" Archer had bandage wrapped around his head, it was bloody. "No.. well, my legs are bruised, but it's nothing too serious!" He gave Merid a reassuring smile, and gave them a thumbs up. "That's good, then." They smiled back.

Carmen walked over to Merid, and tapped them on the shoulder. "Hey, just to let you know purple, you have more to do tomorrow with Nix and the others at the Lilac district." Merid turned to Carmen, looking her in the eyes. "Are you serious? Wh..What do we have to do?" She glared at Merid, giving no response. Merid sighed, giving up on getting a response from Carmen. "Fine… fine. You can leave to Andromeda now, by the way." Carmen smirked, and walked off to Andromeda's room. 

A red haired boy walked to Merid. "You do know they're dating, right Merid?" Nix asked Merid, he was serious. "What? They are..? I never knew that!" Merid turned to him, astonished. Nix gave Merid a nod, and he then yawned. "Y'know, I'm kinda tired.. It's been a long day." He stretched his arms, and hunched over afterwards. "Huh, yeah. It really has. Let me go get Neptune. I'll be right back!" Merid waved to Nix, and ran to Neptune's room. 

----

Merid opened the door to Neptune's room, it was similar to their own room. 'Huh, I guess me and Neptune really are alike?' Merid thought to themselves, looking around Neptune's room. The room had light teal painted walls, a small loft bed in the corner, a few paintings Neptune had made as a child, and a desk. "Neptune..? Are you there?" Merid looked around the room carefully. "BOO!!" Neptune, the teal haired girl jumped behind Merid, grabbing their shoulders. Merid let out a small yelp, and then turned to Neptune, who was laughing. "H-Hey! Not funny!" Neptune giggled. "Yes it is~!" Merid puffed up their cheeks, and shook their head.  

"..Well, we have another mission tomorrow, Nep." 

"Ooh! Is that why you're in my room?"