Chapter 7

----

"Neptune." A woman spoke, with teal hair and freckles.

"Yeah, mom?" Neptune replied, bandages all over her arms. 

"Why don't you act more like Noe? They're so successful in their life, and you.." The woman took a breath. "You've done nothing." 

Neptune froze, tears forming in her eyes. All that effort she put to be noticed by her family, thrown away in a single statement. That sadness turned into anger, and that anger turned into hatred for her older sibling. 

"N...NO!" Neptune cried out. "I DIDN'T PUT ALL OF THAT EFFORT IN FOR NOTHING! I JUST WANT YOU TO BE PROUD OF ME FOR ONCE!" 

Neptune's mother made a disgusted face at her child, snapping back at her. "Well, maybe if you didn't get into all that trouble, you wouldn't have those bandages on your arms." 

Neptune's angered expression quickly changed to a shocked one. She unwrapped the bandages on her arms, revealing multiple bruises, all in different sizes. 

---- 

"Neptune! Get up..!" Merid shook Neptune as they whispered. "We need to leave..!" 

Before Neptune awoke, she instinctively hit Merid with nearly full force. She opened her eyes, looking at Merid's pained expression. "Ah-! Sorry! Reflex." Merid nodded. "Come on, I don't feel safe here."

"Alright." Neptune helped Merid up, and started their departure. 

As the two peered over the alleyway wall, a shot was fired. Merid and Neptune both looked in the direction the shot was fired and spotted a person collapsed and bloodied on a broken wall, nearing the end of their life. "Khh-" They sucked their air from their gritted teeth.

 "Alright, sicko. Tell me, who are you?" A man walked towards the bloodied person, picking them up with his limb attachments by the collar of their shirt. 

The person didn't answer, instead they just bowed their head as life left their eyes, causing them to become dull. "Damn it!" The man with multicolored hair threw the body aside, looking in the direction of Merid and Neptune. "Now, who are you?" 

"Why should we tell you!?" Neptune argued. "You just killed someone!"

The man scoffed, slightly chuckling. "Correction, they tried to kill me. So it's only natural that they'd die!" 

"Now, you're going to tell me who you are, this is a demand." He moved his arm to the side, a rifle of sorts coming from behind it. The rifle rotated, aiming towards the two.

"Merid, and this is Neptune." Merid answered without hesitation. "Is there any reason you're trying to know who we are?" 

"Well, I'm Nova." Nova responded, taking in a breath as a smirk formed on his face. "And you're the ones who killed Nix's family, aren't you? It's been spread everywhere." 

Hearing that being said, hearing them both be accused, broke Merid down. It was like their mind was made of glass, shattering. "..What?" Merid muttered, their voice cracking as tears flooded their eyes. 

Neptune took offense to Nova's statement, shooting an angered glare at Nova. "No. It wasn't us, if you're not willing to believe that.. we'll proudly get rid of you!"

"NO!" Merid cried out, their body trembling and their voice being interrupted by hiccups. "I.. I don't want to.. fight-! I don't want to be here on this stupid planet! Everything is gone! My parents are dead, Nix killed them, and now I'm being accused?! I'm so.. goddamn tired!"