Chapter 10

----

As Nix walked through the castle halls with Merid in his arms, he was greeted with Eztli. "Nix, what are we planning to do with Merid?" He asked, curious. "Well, I'll show them their parent's corpses, and give them something to cry about." Nix grinned, continuing his walk to his office.

Upon hearing this, Gemini grimaced. He knew he should do something, but what? He didn't want to get hurt, but he didn't want Merid to get hurt either. 

But, why did he bring Merid here if he couldn't stand to see them hurt? Weren't they already hurt enough?

Gemini sighed, and kept walking. He brought this upon all of them, the war.

If he hadn't had killed Noe.. this all would've never happened.

Or at least that's what he told himself.

Both Gemini and Nix arrived at his office. "We're here. Gemini, would you mind going to your office?" Nix turned back, looking Gemini in the eye. "You know, where you used to work before the war started."

Gemini gulped, what did Nix plan to do with him there? "Yes sir, but do you mind me asking why?" 

"I just need you to set up a chair we can keep Merid in, I'll meet you there soon. Now go." Nix bluntly answered, sending chills up Gemini's spine. He nodded, beginning his quick walk to his office. 

When Gemini arrived, he dragged over a chair. He began looking for something to keep Merid down with. Rope? Tape? Rope sounded good, he thought.

Gemini had begun tying knots around the legs and arms of the chair, leaving some extra rope for when Merid had arrived. When he was finished, Gemini sat on a spare chair, waiting. 

For what seemed like hours, Nix walked in. "Here, put them in the chair and wake them up." Upon being given Merid, Gemini quickly sat them in the chair and tied their limbs to it. Within a single snap of his fingers, Merid opened their eyes. "H...huh..?" They let out a yawn, seemingly in a trance due to how long they were asleep. "What..the.."

Looking up, Merid shrieked at the sight of both Gemini and Nix. "HUH? Nix, Gemini!?" And even though they tried to move, it wasn't worth the effort. 

"Don't even try." Nix spoke, a sinister grin on his face. "It'll only make those ropes dig into you." 

"Why am I here? What do you want from me?!" Merid cried out, desperate for an answer. "Well.. I have my reasons." Nix refused to give an answer, making Merid even more upset and confused. 

"Tell me!" Merid shouted in anger. 

Instead of yelling back, Nix shocked their stomach. Even without the force of full lightning, it still left a mark and caused Merid to whimper in pain. "Don't talk." Nix coldly ordered, walking out of the room with Gemini, leaving Merid all alone.

Alone in the cold, dark, basement of the castle, Merid blankly stared at the wall. They looked at their stomach, questioning if that strike was going to scar. Not like they could take care of it, they never had the time to take care of their own wounds now. 

They sighed. Whatever Nix would do to them, they just wanted to survive and have it over with already. 

Eventually, the darkness and silence of the room got the best of them, sending them back to sleep.

----

The silence of the room was broken by the creaking of the door. Merid's drowsy eyes were greeted with the sight of Gemini. Annoyed, Merid spoke up with slurred speech. "Whatt...do youu.. want…?"