I hate it.

Kylie POV

Things have changed. Lexi and I didn't stay together after that day when I said goodbye to her when she went off to college. Things just didn't end up working, we were on two different paths and we drifted apart. I heard she went off somewhere to Sweden but other than that I've heard nothing else about her. When I finished school I went off to college in England where I'm studying law. Yes, law. I hate it but also love it.

As for my love life after Lexi well... it hasn't been great. I've slept with a couple of guys and one girl but that's about it. I had no proper relationship with any of them. As my sister likes to say I'm too hung up on the break-up between Lexi and me. Maybe she's right I don't know. Well, you won't believe this but my asshole of a sister is getting married. That's where I am now, back in California with my family. We are helping her organize everything for her wedding which is in 3 weeks.

The guy my sister is marrying is John. He's kind of stupid but kind and he loves my sister enough to marry her. He's the typical hot white guy that everyone falls in love with. We rented out a huge place where we will hold my sister's party for getting married and invite family and friends to congratulate the happy couple. That party is already in full swing and it's still early. A lot of my relatives from overseas are here. I for one could not really care for the party and found myself stuck in my law book memorizing the words.

"Yo are you seriously studying at my engagement party?!" My sister says coming out of nowhere and yanking my book out of my hands.
"Cait give it back!" I tell her. She takes a seat next to me on one of the outside chairs.
"I'll give it back to you tomorrow but today try and enjoy yourself" she says.
"Anyway you're on holiday so why are studying anyway?" She asks me.
"Because there's a huge test at the end of the year" she sighs.

"Come on sis please mingle and talk to people. You've been back for a week already and you've barely said a word. You've just been stuck in your apartment the whole time" she says.
"I don't have anyone to talk to, all my friends are elsewhere. There's no one left here in California for me to go out with" I say.
"You have me" she says.
"Yeah but you have a job and you've been busy with your future husband" I say and she sighs loudly.

A car parks in the driveway far ahead of us. It was a very expensive Porsche. I watch as a mystery woman gets out before my heart stops when I see the person getting out of the driver's seat. There was Lexi.

A different-looking Lexi but Lexi. Her hair was darker and her arms had tattoos on them. She still dressed the same though. She helped her mom out of the car. Lexi's mom had become old after all these years, she even had a walking stick but judging by her attitude she still acted young. God, it's already been 8 years now that I think about it!

Lexi takes the beautiful-looking women's hand. God, she was stunning from her face all the way down to her legs. She was model-worthy. Next to her, I look like...well me. Lexi laughs as her mom shrugs away Lexi's help in going up the stairs. They head toward where my mom and family were and they all hug.
"Mom, do you need help sitting down?" I hear Lexi ask now that she was closer to me.
"No, I'm fine leave me" Lexi's mom says sitting down with a bit of struggle.

"She's getting old now" Lexi says to my mom with a cheeky smirk on her face. Lexi's mom whacks Lexi's back with her walking stick.
"Ahhhh mama!" Lexi shouts as Lexi's mom curses Spanish words under her breath. I forget that Lexi's mom is Spanish and grew up in a Spanish household. She's just so sweet.
"I'm not old you bastard!" Lexi's mom shouts before Lexi laughs as well as the beautiful woman.

"Now go get me a drink, you ungrateful child!" Lexi laughs some more before Lexi's mom threatens to hit her again.
"Okay okay, I'm going!" Lexi says rushing inside with the beautiful woman.
"I didn't know you were going to invite Lexi?" I ask Caitlin and she turns to look at me obviously not paying attention.
"Why wouldn't I invite Lexi?" She asks.
"I don't know, it's just you guys haven't seen each other in awhile?" I say.

"We have been visiting each other K" she says and I nod my head.
"Who's the girl?" I ask softly and Caitlin stays quiet for a moment before answering.
"That's Lola" she says. I didn't ask any more questions afraid of the answer I already knew.
"You have to talk to her" she says and I look over at her.
"Why?" I ask her.
"Cait it's been 8 years since you've seen and talked to each other. I think it will be good for you to talk to her, it might give you some comfort" she says and I stay quiet.

John comes toward us and Caitlin immediately stands up as he wraps his arms around her.
"Do you mind if I steal my future wife Kylie?" He asks me and I smile.
"Sure no problem" I say as Caitlin looks over at me.
"Talk to her." She says and I nod my head as they happily walk off together. I sigh sinking more into my chair. I watch as Lexi and Lola walk out together and she hands her mom a drink before she drinks her own and looks over at Lola and they kiss.

My heart sinks even more as I watch them. They break apart from the kiss and smile at each other before Lexi looks over my way and her eyes meet mine. I hold her gaze for a moment before looking away the sadness creeping its way through my body. I get up off my chair and grab the bottle of alcohol on the table and take a huge sip.

* * *

I was totally wasted. I could barely make sense of anything. I was laughing my head off with random people, falling over the place, and drinking more and more. I lay down on the grass giggling as I make grass angels. A shadow went over my body and look up to see Lexi.

"Kylie..." she says and continues talking but my mind was not paying attention to listen to the conversation. I giggle again and turn over to put my face into the ground, squishing my face.
"Kylie" I hear again before she lifts me up to not have my face in the ground.
"Let me take you home" she says and I groan and fight her off and start crawling away.
"I want candy" I shout.
"Kylie please!" She shouts after me but I continue to crawl away before I feel someone grab me and lift me off the ground completely.

"No, let go of me I want to be wild!" I shout as I turn my head to see it was Lexi holding me.
"Stand please" she says but I just go limp making it harder for her to control me.
"For goodness sake Kylie!" She shouts flipping me over and putting me on the floor to face her before grabbing my arms and wrapping them around her neck before she lifts me up by my waist. She lifts me up and carries me away.

I don't remember how we got in the car but suddenly I was laying in the back seat. I look around and see that Lexi and Lola were in the car.
"It was nice of you to help her" Lola says holding Lexi's hand.
"I couldn't just leave her" Lexi says smiling at her. Lexi, you are like what your mom said, you're a bastard. A sweet, loving, caring bastard.

I hate it.