I've missed you

Kylie POV

I'm starting to think I'm stupid. Here I am chasing after a woman who has moved on but yet I step into her car giving Lexi a small smile. I buckle my seatbelt and she smiles back at me.
"Good morning" she says.
"Hi" I say and she starts driving. We soon arrive at the coffee shop and once again Lexi opens the door for me like a gentlewoman. We walk inside and take a seat ordering something to eat and some tea and coffee.

"So how have you been?" She asks me as I take a bite of my food.
"I've been alright"
"I heard you went off studying in England?" She says and I nod my head.
"Yeah, I'm studying law there"
"Law really?" She asks me and I laugh.
"I know, I'm loving it though"
"Well you were always the smartest one in the room, I have no doubt that you are doing amazing in law" I blush and look down.

"And you?" I ask.
"Well I've been traveling around a lot, my job allows me to travel and work remotely. As you know I went and studied in Sweden and then traveled around visiting place to place before stopping in Paris" my eyes go wide.
"Wow, so how's Paris like?" I ask.
"It's lovely, very beautiful" I nod my head.
"So...how long have you and Lola been dating?" I ask looking down at my drink.

"Oh 6 months" she says and I nod my head.
"I actually met her in Paris" she says and I nod my head.
"And you are you dating someone?" She asks me.
"Me? Oh no I haven't really focussed on dating" I say.
"Oh" she says. We continue to make light conversation before we start talking about my sister's wedding.

"So why exactly does your sister want to go off and get married in the snow?" 
"She thinks it will be pretty" I say smiling.
"So what is the place called again?"
"It's Whistler in Canada" I say.
"Are you also flying this weekend?" I nod my head taking a sip of my second cup of coffee.
"Your sister really wanted to go all out" I laugh.
"It's my sister you're talking about, you should know firsthand what she's like" Lexi laughs that beautiful laugh that always gives me butterflies and makes me smile.

"Yes your sister is something different" she says.
"There's a lot of things we can do in Whistler though, it should be really fun" I say.
"We should do something with each other there" she says which makes my heart skip a beat. I know she probably just means to hang out as friends but my heart can't help it.
"Definitely" I say giving her a small smile.
"Listen is your sister still looking for a photographer?" She asks me.

"Yeah she is actually"
"Well, I know someone. His name is Thomas, he is Lola's photographer at the moment. I think he will be perfect for the job. Do you think I should suggest him to your sister?" She asks.
"Yeah you should, I'm sure my sister will be thrilled" she smiles at me.
"Alright I will" she smiles at me and I find it hard to look away from her.
"I've missed you" she says and my heart skipped a beat.

"I-" Lexi's phone rings cutting me off.
"Sorry K let me take this quick" she says seeing the call and placing it on her ear.
"Hi...yes...no I'm not at my laptop right now...alright where's the problem..." it's obviously a call for work.
"Who let that slide?! Send it to me right now...yes yes I'll fix it...don't let it happen again...alright bye" She ends the call annoyed.
"Sorry Kylie but I have to cut this short, some idiot screwed up the work and I have to fix it right away" she says getting up. I get up with her and we head out.

We arrive back at my apartment. She gets out with me and I nervously shift from foot to foot.
"Today was nice K" she says opening her arms I slowly go towards her and hug her. It felt good to hug her. I missed hugging her.
"I'll see you at the place" she says letting go of me and heading back to her car. Time seemed to fly since we saw each other before it was time to head off to Canada. 3 weeks in one of the most romantic places, what could possibly go wrong?

* * *
Sorry for the delay I got really sick and had college work. Hope you enjoyed it! The next chapter will be up soon