Snowy romance

Kylie POV

I will admit this place is beautiful even though I'm alone. We arrived yesterday and got all settled in but now as my sister says the fun starts.
"Kylie are you ready?!" I hear my mom shout. I snap out of my thoughts and grip my snowboard turning to face my mom.
"Yes?" I say.
"Everyone is already heading off to the ski area!" My mom says and I nod my head. I walk off following everyone as we all head up through the snow.

My sister and John were holding hands being all lovey-dovey toward one another. I look further up and see Lexi and Lola holding hands too. Lola was kissing Lexi's cheek and laughing. I couldn't help but feel a pit of jealousy form. She's not yours I remind myself.

"Hi" I turn my head to see a good-looking guy with dark hair smiling at me.
"Oh hi" I say smiling back.
"I'm Thomas" he says and puts his hand out for me to shake. I take it before looking him up and down.
"I'm Kylie" I say.
"Pretty name for a pretty girl" I smile and shake my head.
"Real smooth" I say and he chuckles. 
"So how do you know my sister?" I ask and he lifts up his camera.

"I don't. I'm the photographer" he says and it clicks that this is who Lexi was talking about.
"Oh yes, I know about you!" I say and he smiles.
"So you've ever snowboarded before?" He asks and I shake my head.
"I can teach you, my brother and I use to do it all the time" he says.
"Thank you" I say and we walk up together. We go to the top and Thomas snaps some pictures of my sister and John.

I put my board down and sit down to strap it to my feet. I struggle to get myself up and Thomas offers his hands to help me up. I smile and take his hands and he easily lifts me up.
"There you go" he says.
"Thank you" I say.
"Okay now it's quite hard to get the hang of snowboarding so just be patient. When you turn roll your hips and put pressure on your front foot then your back foot immediately tilts in and follows." He says and I stare at him.

"Just try it while standing here" he says and I nod my head and roll my hips and try and turn but I start to fall and he grabs me by my hips. He laughs and grabs my hands to steady me.
"Don't laugh at me, ass" I say and he smiles at me.
"I'm going to hold you this time and move you forward so that you can get the hang of it" he says and starts to move me against the snow as I try and turn. We both laugh as I struggle but slowly get it.
"See you're a natural!" he says.

"Okay to stop you have to completely turn then you must pivot your board and body aggressively across the slope, putting all your weight on the uphill edge. You might fall a couple of times but you'll eventually get it" he says.
"I'm granted to fall regardless" I say and he laughs.
"Trust me you'll be fine, are you ready?" He asks and I nod my head.
"Might as well give it a try" I say and he smiles at me.

I turn my head and see that Lexi was watching us her eyes trained on Thomas, a look I knew. Wait she can't be jealous, could she?

I smirk and look back in front of me. I put my goggles on.
"Here I go" I say and lean forward and slowly start to move down the hill. I started going faster and faster as I scream. I aggressively turn my board to stop and I fall on my butt snow going all over me. I laugh at myself as I sit up.
"Let's do it again!" I shout.

******

Thomas and I spent the whole day together and I'll admit he really is a funny and nice person. We all arrived at dinner which I hope would go smoothly. I was wearing a pretty little dress with my hair put back into a bun. I take my seat beside Thomas.
"Missed you already" Thomas says smiling at me. He was dressed in a nice suit without a tie. He looked really handsome.

"Missed you too" I say smiling at him.
"Your sister and John ordered champagne, do you want some?" Thomas asks me and I nod my head. He pours me a glass. Lexi and Lola were sitting in front of us and I watch as Lexi drinks more and more alcohol her eyes trained on Thomas. We all talk away even to Lola who was way nicer than I thought she was. She really was a sweetheart. Lexi didn't talk much at all throughout dinner.

Everyone ate and had dessert. The food was lovely. Eventually, Thomas and I called it a night and headed off back to the hotel.
"Thanks for today Thomas, I would have been alone without you" I say as we approach my hotel room door.
"It was my pleasure, you really are an amazing and beautiful woman Kylie" he says and I blush.
"Is it crazy to say that I really like you?" He asks me and I smile at him.

"No, it's not. I like you too" I say and he smiles.
"Can I kiss you?" He asks me.
"Yes" I say feeling the buzz of the alcohol made me more confident. He smiles and leans down and kisses me on my lips putting his hands on my hips as I kiss him back. We kiss for a moment before pulling away.
"Goodnight Kylie" he says and I smile.
"Goodnight Thomas" I say and he smiles back before walking away.

I open my door and head inside my room. It wasn't long after me being in my room when I heard a knock on the door. Maybe it's Thomas? I get up and open the door to see Lexi?

"Lexi?" I ask but she just looks into my eyes and backs me up into my room closing the door.
"What are you doing here?" I ask her but she just continues to look me in my eyes backing me further and further into the room until my back hits the wall.
"Lexi" I say as she puts a hand on the wall by my head before leaning down close to my ear.

"Who does he think he is, tasting what's mine?" She says.

Fuck.