Again

Kylie POV

A day had gone by and I couldn't stop thinking about what my mom said. I trust Lexi and I know she will come back but a little part of me can't help but worry. Lexi wanted to talk to me about something serious something that couldn't be said over the phone. I groan and finally focus back onto my laptop. I read through the same notes I've already read through a hundred times. I have to make sure I know absolutely everything for my exam when I go back. I pick up my drink and sip it before looking around at everyone. I thought a change of place would be good for me. I decided to go to the little coffee shop quite close to home.

I feel someone tap me on my shoulder and I turn around to see a woman I recognised.
"Hey Kylie long time no see!" The woman says and I stare at her a second longer before I finally realise who she is. She's Tyler a girl I use to go to high school with. I immediately smile at her and stand up.
"Tyler!" I say giving her a quick hug. She had changed quite a lot since high school. She had dark almost black short hair, her style had change and she had a few tattoos. I would lie if I said she wasn't attractive.

"Have a seat let's catch up" I say and she takes a seat in front of me and I shut my laptop.
"How have you been Kylie? You look really good" I smile at her compliment.
"Yeah I've been good and thank you. You look really different" She laughs.
"Yeah I'm not such a shy, badly dressed girl anymore" She says and laugh.
"You look good Tyler" I say and she smiles.
"So how's life been going?" She asks.
"Oh well I'm studying law in London. Nearly done actually" I say.

"What you doing here then?"
"Came home for my sister's wedding and I'm on break" She raise her eyebrows in surprise.
"You're kidding, Caitlin got married?" She asks and I nod my head.
"Yep she's matured a lot now. Anyway how about you?" I ask.
"Well I'm doing odd jobs but right now I'm working as a bartender" I smile. We ended up talking for a couple hours just catching up with each other and she offered to walk me home as we chatted some more. We finally arrive back at my place.

"Can I confess something?" She asks and I nod my head.
"I always had a crush on you" She says and I look at her in surprise.
"No way are you serious?" I ask her and she laughs nodding her head.
"Yeah you're really funny and smart" She says looking at me before taking a step closer to me.
"And really attractive" She whispers to me and before I could say anything her lips meet mine. I was in shock that she was actually kissing me right now. I gently push her away and she doesn't fight me.

"I'm sorry Tyler but I'm seeing someone else" I say to her and the look of regret washes over her face before she completely moves away from me.
"Oh shit Kylie I'm so sorry I thought you were single" She says.
"Well we aren't officially dating but we still have a thing" I say and she nods her head.
"May I ask who they are?"
"It's Lexi" She raises an eyebrow.
"Wait wait so that rumour of you two hooking up was true?" She says and I look at her confused.

"There was a rumour that went around school that you two had a secret relationship with each other" I sigh and shake my head.
"Yeah well the rumour was true" She looks at me.
"But she's Lexi?" I look at her and that's when a car pulls up and the backseat door opens and to my surprise there was Lexi. I stare at her in shock. She wasn't suppose to be home until tomorrow morning. I rush past Tyler and straight towards Lexi as she takes me in her arms and picks me up.

"What are you doing home?!" I ask her as she puts me down.
"I had to come home I couldn't wait any longer" She says before looking past me at Tyler.
"Hey Lexi" Tyler says and Lexi looks her up and down.
"Hey" She says back.
"It was nice to catch up with you Kylie, have a good rest of your night" She says.
"Bye Tyler, same to you" She waves before walking off. Lexi grabs her bag and tips the driver before the car drives off.