Old School Huh?

Kylie POV

"Kylie put all the things into the box over there" My mother says and I sigh putting the last of my sister's wedding decorations into the box before picking it up. I head outside putting it in the truck. I head back inside when I see Lexi waiting by one of the tables. I head over to her and she smiles slightly when she sees me.
"Hey" She says and I look and see that she had her bag with her obviously ready to go.
"Hey, see you're ready to leave?" I ask and she nods her head.

"Yeah. Wanted to say bye to your sister but she already left for her honeymoon and decided to see if you were still here" She says and I smile.
"Yeah just helping my mom pack up everything" I say and she nods her head.
"You know I bought a ranch" She says and I raise an eyebrow in surprise.
"Really and what's on this ranch, potatoes?" I ask chuckling. She laughs and shakes her head.
"No, well yes. Horses, cows, sheep all the usual" She says and I smile.
"Are they fake?" She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"You're so mean to me" She says and my smile grows.
"Why did you buy a ranch?" I ask.
"I've always wanted one so I got one"
"Well, who works at this ranch?"
"Well, I have employees there but also my cousin. He's doing well there. I'm planning to go there soon after finishing up some work in Californian" She says and I nod my head.
"So why tell me about your ranch?" I ask teasing her.
"Well you always use to mention how you wanted to learn how to ride a horse and I have horses" I smile.
"You hinting you want me to come to your ranch?" She smiles.

"Maybe just a bit" I chuckle.
"Well I might take you up on that offer" I say and she smiles.
"How long are you going to be in California?" She asks and I sigh.
"Probably a month before I go back to England" I say and she looks down at her feet.
"You?" I ask.
"I have some work to do I'm not quite sure how long it will take me" She says and I nod my head. We stare at each other for a while before she sighs and stands up.

"I should probably get going, my flight is soon" She says and my heart sinks a little.
"Alright have a safe flight" I say and she nods her head and moves away from me slowly.
"Bye Kylie" She says.
"Bye Lexi" I say and she gives me one more smile before she turns around and starts walking away. I watch as she goes wanting to follow her and get on the plane with her, but I don't.
"Kylie come on we have other things to do before we leave!" My mom says and I turn my head to look at her.
"Yeah alright mom" I say and she stares at me.

"Saw you talking to Lexi" She says and I nod my head.
"I'm glad you two broke up I never really liked Lexi" My mom says and I frown.
"You're just saying that because she's gay" I say rolling my eyes.
"No, you know my feelings on Lexi. The only reason why I let her come is because of your sister" She says and I shake my head as she walks off and I turn my head to see if I could still Lexi but she was gone. I don't know when I'll see her again.

* * *

Weeks had gone by since my sister's wedding and I had been keeping myself busy with some odd jobs. Some of my friends had come to visit their parents in California which I was glad about. I had missed them. We all decided to go out for the night just to have some fun.
"Damn there's such a cute chic at the bar" Chloe says and I smile at her.
"Then go ask her out" Amelia says and Chloe smiles and winks at us before walking off.
"10 bucks, they break up in a month" Amelia says and I laugh.

"Don't be mean" I say and she laughs.
"Come on how many times has Chloe dated a woman and it only lasted a month" She says.
"Let's give her the benefit of the doubt" I say and sip my cocktail. We wait a moment before Chloe comes back.
"Nope, she said she was taken" She says and Amelia shakes her head and smiles.
"When had that ever stopped you" Chloe laughs.
"I'm going to go get some more drinks" I say and they nod their head and start talking as I walk off.

I head over to the bar and flag down the bartender and order some more drinks for the three of us. I sit down and wait before looking around the room and that's when I see Lexi??

I stare at her confused before I smile and get up and walk towards her.
"Hello stranger" I say and she immediately picks her head up and looks at me. When she sees me she smiles and I smile back.
"Hey Kylie" She says and I take a seat next to her.
"What are you doing here, are you alone?" I ask and she nods her head.
"Yep, I'm alone. Thought I'd stop for a drink after work" She says taking a sip of her drink and I look her over. She was wearing black work pants and a fancy white shirt tucked into her pants but most of her top buttons had been undone showing some cleavage. Her jacket was next to her and she looked exhausted but hot at the same time.

"You?" She asks.
"Oh I'm here with some friends they came to visit their parents and we all decided to go out for drinks and catch up" I say and she looks past me and I follow her eyes to see my friends staring at us and gossiping.
"That your friends?" She asks and I smile at my friends before looking back at her.
"Yeah" I say laughing softly.
"Your one friend tried to ask me out" She says as the bartender places my drinks in front of me. I laugh.
"Yeah that would be Chloe, she will always go for a pretty girl or boy" I say and she smiles.

"Wait why did you tell her that you were taken, I thought you and Lola broke up?" I ask and she sighs.
"Yeah we are broken up and no I'm not seeing anyone else. I just say that because it's better than completely rejecting people" She says and I smile.
"Well I should probably head back to my friends, it was good seeing you again" I say as I stand up but she stands up too.
"Wait" She says and I immediately stop and look at her.
"Do you want to watch a movie at my place?" She asks and my heart starts beating faster.

"Oh...sure why not" I say smiling. She smiles back at grabs a pen from her bag.
"Give me your arm" She says and I laugh.
"Going old school huh?" I say and she smiles at writes her address and new number on my arm.
"Tomorrow then at 7:00?" I nod my head.
"See you then" I say and she smiles and I groan our drinks and with one last smile, I walk off.

Wait is this a date or just friends catching up?