Back To School

Elektra and Valkyrie were near the end of their long walk to Valkyrie's school. The year was about to begin. It would be Valkyrie's second year, while Elektra would be entering her third year at a different school. Elektra wasn't blessed with magic the way her friend was. At this present moment, she was a little thankful for that, as magic schools started up a week earlier than regular schools. Valkyrie, being a light packer, had little enough luggage that she and Elektra could carry it to the dorms on their own. Most girls arrived at the school via some form of magic transit, but living on the island that housed the campus, Valkyrie opted to use regular transportation. It reminded her and Elektra of their middle school days, riding buses and running around through parks and various shops, always taking their time going home.

"How long do you think it'll take them to kick me out this year?" Elektra asked her friend. She had managed to get through the entire entrance ceremony the previous year before a teacher took note and made her go home.

"They'll be on alert for you this time. I'm betting you won't be allowed into the ceremony at all," Valkyrie replied. Elektra hadn't done anything particularly scandalous last year, but the school was pretty protective of their sacred traditions. Outsiders were strictly prohibited.

"It's just as well. Gotta get to work soon anyways."

The girls reach the front gates of the academy. The first day was one of the few days the gates were kept open for everyone.

Valkyrie's dorm is located on the far side of the campus. Unlike the famous all boys schools on Sage's Island, there was no magic chamber that allowed easy access to the five dorms. Students were expected to walk to and from class. Luckily for Valkyrie, her unique magic made the trip easy. She wraps an arm securely around Elektra's waist.

"Hold on tight!" She warns her friend. Elektra lightly grips the arm on her waist. This was an experience she was fully used to after years of friendship with Valkyrie. Valkyrie spreads her massive, Vanta black wings, gold sparkles twinkling around the edges of them, and takes flight across campus to her dorm.

~~~~~~~

Araya sighed heavily as she made her way to the main assembly hall. She was hoping to have a single room this year, but it was almost impossible for second years to get those, unless they became dorm head. But that was not a job she wanted. She was to share a room with one Valkyrie Windward. She wasn't well acquainted with Valkyrie, but she doesn't remember her being a particularly troublesome person the year before. The only annoying detail was that she had a very close friend who often came around, so chances are she would be hanging out in their dorm room at some point. Her roommate hadn't made it to the room yet by the time Araya was done setting up, so she didn't have to interact with her until after the opening ceremony.

The path to the assembly hall was mostly empty, save for a few stray students along the way. She briefly saw one girl running way ahead of her who appeared to be third year Mauvene Sinclair, easily distinguishable by her short stature. The rest she didn't pay enough attention to to identify. She finally reached the assembly hall and entered to find it about half full. The early birds and social butterflies had all made sure to get there long before the ceremony started while the stragglers probably hadn't even begun making their way over yet. Most of those arriving at the moment were the average folks like her, not concerned with getting there early but not wanting to risk being late either. She noticed Mauvene near a wall chatting with her friend group. She also noticed Valkyrie entering the building, her best friend absent. She stood in silence until the room was full.

"Welcome back, ladies!" A familiar voice boomed through the hall. Yvonne Kittral, headmaster of their esteemed academy, revealed herself on one of the room's many balconies. Seems the ceremony is about to begin.