A Strange Firsr Day

Chapter Text
Althea and Ryder follow Ace and Deuce through the campus, Grim darting around ahead of them.

"Outta my way! The almighty Grim is passing through on his way to begin life as a student of Night Raven College!" Grim yells. "Look at my collar! Unlike that lame thing around your neck, mine is fabulous. On top of that, you can't use your magic right now. You'd make a really good janitor today! Nyaha! I feel good!"

"See this? This is what you sound like," Ryder tells Ace.

"Grrrrrrr! Just wait til I get my magic back!"

"The headmaster literally told us yesterday to not make another scene... anyway, you're going to have problems in class with your magic sealed. Have you thought about apologizing to prefect Rosehearts and having him remove it?" Deuce asks.

"No, but I have," Althea says.

"I hate this so much. Why am I the one apologizing!?"

"We've still got time before class, and I'm curious about other dorms. Let's go wander while we watch Ace's apology," Grim suggests.

"Yeah, if we don't do this now I'm gonna lose interest and not go," Althea agrees.

"This isn't a show! Screw this!" Nevertheless, they head for the mirror chamber to visit Heartslabyul.

~~~~~~~

"Whoa! This is gorgeous! It couldn't be more different from ours!" Grim exclaims.

"That's an unfair comparison!" Althea cries. The group walks around the grounds and finds the rose maze.

"Crap. I've gotta hurry and get these roses painted," a guy with orange hair mutters to himself.

"Hey, someone's here," Grim points him out.

"Oops, nearly missed that. Leave even a bit of white and my head's gone," the guy continues muttering.

"This is... oddly familiar," Althea says to herself.

"...hm? You guys need something?" He notices the group of his juniors.

"What're you doing with that?" Ace asks him, pointing to the paintbrush in his hand.

"This? Can't you see that I'm painting the roses red?"

"Huh? But why?" Deuce asks.

"Ahh, it's been awhile since I've got to see such cute reactions like this. And there are cute girls here too~" the guy coos. "Actually, aren't you the new kids that shattered that 10,000,000 Madol chandelier yesterday?"

"We're gonna hear about that chandelier until we graduate..." Ace moans.

"Didn't it cost way more than that though?" Althea points out.

"And you're the one who added on even more punishment by stealing the dorm leader's tart the very same night! I feel so lucky getting to meet the notorious newcomers first thing in the morning~ Hey, hey~ let's take a selfie!" The guy holds up his phone and takes a picture of them all, though none of them really pose. "Yaaay! Can I

put this on Magicam? Tell me your names so I can tag you,". Althea can't help thinking that Iris and River would love this guy.

"I'm Deuce Spade."

"Ace."

"Grim and my henchmen!"

"Our names are Ryder and Althea, not henchmen," Ryder adds.