In The Mines

Chapter Text
Not having a phone was seriously messing with Bailey's head. If she hadn't run into Iris and River in the cafeteria, she would have no idea what Althea was up to. According to the TikTok twins, Althea had gone back to the dorm while the other three and Grim were going on some trip with some boys. It was good Althea decided not to go of her own accord, otherwise she would've had to stop her, and she didn't want to make herself the bad guy this early on. What the other girls did wasn't really her problem.

As promised, Crewel showed up at the copier room at 5 pm.

"Are you ready to go, puppy?" He asks.

"Whoa, little early for pet names. Yeah, let's get going. Just don't get me anything too expensive. I don't wanna be in debt to you for the next five years," Bailey and Crewel walk alongside each other on the way to his car. Bailey's jaw drops at the sight of his car. It's a beautiful, fire engine red, classic car. She didn't know much about classic cars or what the eras of this world were like, but she would place it around the '70s as far as American cars go. Crewel smiles proudly at her reaction.

"Impressive, no?"

"It is pretty gorgeous. How do you afford this on a teacher's salary?" Bailey asks in disbelief.

"I get paid quite well, thank you."

"Must be that fancy private school salary," Bailey lets herself into the passenger side. Crewel gets in and starts up the car.

~~~~~~~

The department store gives Bailey TJ Maxx vibes. She imagines she'll be able to find some good cheap stuff at this place, but she needs to make sure Crewel stays away from the designer section.

"Try this on," Crewel demands, thrusting a three piece skirt suit from the clearance section at Bailey.

"I'll try stuff on after we've finished looking," Bailey sighs. She scans the area. As much as she doesn't want to impose, she needs some essentials for the girls. "Sorry, but..."

"What is it? Spit it out!" Crewel demands.

"I really need a few more essentials. I hate to ask since you're already doing a favor for me, but I got six girls with no clean underwear," She awkwardly mentions. Crewel coughs into his hand.

"Get some value packs..." he lets Bailey browse the women's lingerie section alone. She grabs enough value packs to total 30 pairs of panties. She also picks up two packs of plain blue t-shirts so they would have a little more clothing options until they get paid. She considers breaching the topic of getting them some feminine hygiene products, but decides she might already be pushing it with the shirts and panties. She rejoins Crewel, who has picked out more professional clothes for her, as well as a cheap pair of black ballet flats.

"This should be enough," he hands her the outfits and they head to the changing room.

"Watch these," she hands him the shirt and panty packs. When she's in the changing room, she takes a minute to check out what he got her. 'I like the suit... this one blouse is too frilly for me. These black pants are good too...' She ends up discarding two articles of clothes. She changed into the suit first and it fits pretty well. "Thoughts?" She leaves the room to show Crewel the first outfit. He smiles wide.

"Perfect," the skirt ends just above her knees, revealing her slim calves. The blazer is nicely cinched at the waist. Crewel is very pleased with his own taste.

All the clothes fit Bailey well enough. Though she's happy to know she'll have a few changes of clothes with her, she feels guilty knowing the other girls only have their original outfits, their pajamas, and the shirts. After she pays Crewel back, the first thing she's doing is buying them all clothes.