The New Prefect

"I was about to go back to college! I was so close to finishing my six year degree. I think I was on year five..? Or was it year six..?" Bailey whines to Crewel at the bar. What was supposed to be one drink turned into three. Crewel pats her on the back.

"Don't give up so easily. You've only been in this world for one day. I'm sure you'll find a way home," he reassures. Bailey narrows her eyes at him, leaning in closer to his face.

"Even if I get back, who knows how much school I'm gonna miss until then? That's 30k I'll never see again. They don't give you a refund after a certain point, ya know," Bailey takes another large gulp of her drink.

"30,000 is very cheap," Crewel says.

"HAH! 30k USD is not the same as 30k in Madol. Based on the price of those clothes, I'm gonna assume one Madol is probably around one cent in my currency, so that would make my tuition... 3 million in Madol? I can't really do math right now..." Crewel's eyes go wide.

"Okay, that is a lot of money to lose," he concedes.

"Not to mention I'll lose my scholarships. And then there's my parents ! They have no idea where either of their kids are!" Bailey drops her head into her arms on the bar.

"I'm sorry... it's really a terrible situation..." Bailey lifts her head.

"Crewel?" She asks.

"Yes?" He responds.

"We don't have any goddamn tampons," Bailey drops her head back down. Clearly, the tampon thing was really getting to her.

"I know, Miss Saxon, I know," all he can do is rub her back. He lets her sulk for awhile until she ready to speak up again. 

"You," she jabs a finger into his chest. "Have had three drinks. You can't drive me back, can you?" She points out.

"I suppose not. I don't live too far from here, you can sleep in my guest room," he offers. Bailey chuckles.

"So that was your plan all along... you sly dog..." she drawls.

"I don't know what you're getting at, but I appreciate the compliment," he smirks.

~~~~~~~

Bailey and Crewel stagger down the street, hanging off each other, on the way to his apartment.

"WHOA!" Bailey slams an open palm hand into Crowley's stomach, not hard enough to hurt him but just enough to make him stop in his tracks.

"What's wrong!?" He asks, a little frightened.

"I forgot the bag of clothes!!" She screams a little too loud. Crewel practically doubles over in laughter. "Wha?"

"I've had it this entire time!" Bailey joins in on the hysterical laughter. A few people walking past them stare a little. They continue on until they stumble into his building. He fumbles with the keys while letting them in.

"You dress like your apartment!" Bailey observes. There are many animal print fixtures in his living room, mostly Dalmatian print. Everything that isn't animal print has a very sleek and modern design, particularly the coffee table and a tall bookcase. There's an old fashioned rotary phone on the side table next to his couch. The phone reminds Bailey that she does not have one of her own. "Oh shit, I need to let Althea know I'm not dead in a ditch somewhere. But neither of us have phones... I could try to call River if I knew the number of our communal phone but I DON'T!! What was I thinking leaving campus without telling her first!?" Bailey freaks out again. Crewel puts his hands on her shoulders to ground her again.