Icebreaker

Chapter Text
"We're back ladies!" Violet shouts when they re-enter the dorm. Iris, River, and Althea are chowing down on some pasta dish in the lounge.

"We got you dinner," Althea points to the kitchen.

"Thank god ! I'm starved," Ryder, Violet, and Grim skip into the kitchen.

"By the way, Althea, Bailey contacted Crowley and said she would be staying with a friend she made tonight," Demetria tells her.

"Is it a man?" Althea plainly asks.

"Well, um..." Demetria hesitates

"It's a man," Althea can tell. Demetria supposes it's fine if she knows as long as she doesn't know it's a teacher. Violet and Ryder come back to the lounge with their food. Violet also brought a plate for Demetria.

"Thanks!" Demetria sits on one couch with Iris and River and Ryder and Violet sit on the other. Althea had opted for the rocking chair.

"So, time for a major dorm meeting," Violet announces.

"We're not being kicked out, are we?" Iris asks.

"Quite the opposite. We-"

"We're officially students at Night Raven College!!" Grim reveals, running back into the room and sitting next to Ryder on the couch.

"Huh?" Althea asks.

"We're... students at a magic school? Even though we don't have an ounce of magic in our bodies??" River questions.

"Indeed we are. Ryder here will be taking class with Grim," Violet points her thumb at Ryder. "Crowley will give us more info tomorrow."

"Well, free uniforms means another change of clothes, so I'm okay with it," Althea says.

"The uniforms here are pretty cute honestly," Iris beams.

"And Miss Hollister here is our brand new prefect!" Violet gestures to Demetria.

"Ah, so that's your last name? Feels weird we've gone to the same school so long and I didn't even know that," Iris points out.

"Well, other than you and River, none of us interacted much," Althea reminds her.

"At least you kinda know each other. I'm the black sheep here," Ryder sighs.

"That's right. Where did you go to school exactly?" Althea asks.

"Chesterford Center." The girls do a double take.

"That fancy private school!? You must be filthy rich!?" Violet shouts.

"No, I'm middle class. I have a scholarship," she tells them like it's nothing.

"For real!? Are you some kinda genius!?" River asks.

"I wouldn't fully call myself a genius, but I'm definitely above average."

"I wouldn't expect that from you... I mean, you're so... crass..." Violet says.

"What, you think smart people have to be all polite and proper?"

"No, but, I'm really crass and I'm dumb as fuck!" Violet claims.

"You're a savant on the guitar apparently," Demetria points out.

"Right! We've heard you playing in the music room before!" Iris confirms.

"Yeah, and in that scene from the ghost camera you were going pretty hard," Ryder backs them up.

"I have a few things I'm good at, academics isn't one of those things."