E G G

Chapter Text
Araya nervously knocked on the door to Ramshackle. She and Valkyrie had just arrived at the school via the Dark Mirror and already got some looks from boys around the campus. She was already drained from going around the previous night for donations, now she has to talk to even more people. The dorm's new prefect answers the door.

"H-hi, are you joining our dorm or something?" Demetria asks them.

"Nah, we're good at our current school. We're just here to drop off these donations," Valkyrie lifts the boxes in her arms a little for emphasis. Demetria's face lights up.

"For real!? Come in! Oh my god, everyone! Get down here!" Demetria calls to the other girls in the dorm at the moment. Iris, River, Violet, and Bailey join them in the lounge. "These girls bring gifts!"

"Hey, I'm Valkyrie and this is Araya. We go to Camellia Academy across the ocean. Your headmaster contacted ours and asked if anyone at our school had things they could donate to you. I think we got a pretty good bounty!" Araya is very happy Valkyrie is willing to do the talking.

"NO WAY! Thank you so much, ladies!" Bailey could almost cry at the relief she feels.

"Please, sit down. I'll make you some tea!" Demetria bounces off to the kitchen to get some water boiling. Valkyrie and Araya awkwardly sit on the couch. Iris and Violet take the boxes from them.

"We also have some monetary donations..." Araya hands Bailey the jar full of Madol. "There's about 250k Madol in this," Violet practically does a spit take.

"N-no way..." Bailey forces herself not to cry in front of these girls.

"We... we can get phones with that!" Iris cheers.

"Yo, there's fucking bongos in here!" Violet pulls out the bongos the Mauvene donated.

"I think we can all agree that those should go to you," River says. Violet happily accepts. The girls sort through the mountain of clothes and essentials and divide them up, Bailey making sure to put things aside that she knows Althea would like. A lot of the cute clothes go to Iris, River, Violet, and Demetria. The other three were okay with more casual clothes. They also select one pen each from Araya's donations. Violet takes a pen with a night sky gradient, Iris takes a blue one with a dreamcatcher dangling from the cap, River takes one with a cat cap, Demetria takes one with a moon theme, Bailey picks out a watermelon themed one for Althea and one with a big fake diamond at the end for herself. Hopefully Ryder would like the dinosaur one that was left for her.

"What should we buy with all that cash!?" Violet asks.

"Phones of course!" Iris answers.

"Hold it, girls," Bailey kills the fun. "Demetria and I are gonna work out a budget with this later. We need to be smart with this cash until I start getting paychecks. I'll give you all 2,000 to use as you please, but the rest I have to decide on."

"Ugh... we had to have a responsible adult here, didn't we..." Violet whines.

"Yup," Bailey turns back to the Camellia girls. "Thanks again, really. This is a lifesaver."

"For real, I'm so happy to have a wardrobe! Is there any way we can repay you?" River asks. Valkyrie and Araya look at each other.

"Well..." Araya starts.

"We wouldn't say no to a meal," Valkyrie finishes.

"That can be arranged!" Demetria confirms.

~~~~~~~

Cater wasn't sure what compelled him to take the scenic route back to his dorm. All he knew was he felt an urge to go on a little walk, one that led him through the cafeteria, even though he wasn't hungry.