Nothing But A Troublemaker

Text
" Heeheehee... don't you two have to be up to clean the school?" Demetria barely registers the voice.

"Five more minutes..." Grim complains from next to her.

"Laze about too long and you'll never wake up again!" One ghost jokes.

"Just like us! Eeheehee!!" Another joins.

"Ffgya! It's those ghosts again! Girl, wake up!!" Grim shoves Demetria.

"Over there," she lazily directs Grim to fire at them, but it's too early for them to do much.

"We'll get rid of you eventually!" Grim shouts. Demetria covers her ears.

"Too loud for this hour..." she grumbles.

"Dorm meeting! Everyone up!" Bailey yells from the first floor. Demetria and Grim reluctantly drag themselves to the living room, where the rest of the girls had already gathered, as well as Crowley.

"Good morning, everyone. Did you sleep well?" Crowley asks the girls. They all mumble mixed responses.

"I was sprawled out then I fell out the bottom of the bed! Then the ghosts woke me up. This is the worst!"

"I slept okay , despite almost freezing," Demetria whines.

"Quite tough of you despite finding yourselves thrown into another world. Wonderful!"

"So why are you here?" Bailey asks, wanting him to get to the point of this impromptu meeting.

"I came to speak to you about your work today. You are to clean the campus... But the campus is quite large. Cleaning it all without magic would be impossible. So for today, I'd like you to clean the Main Street area from the main gate to the library. As for Miss Bailey, you'll be assisting professor Trein in his class. Understood?"

"Gotcha," Bailey answers for everyone.

"Demetria, please keep a close eye on Grim so he doesn't cause a scene like yesterday."

"Aye aye sir," Demetria gives him a weak salute.

"You have permission to have lunch in the school cafeteria. Alright then, work enthusiastically," Crowley takes his leave.

"There's leftovers in the kitchen if anyone needs breakfast," Bailey tells the girls. Most of them head to the kitchen.

"No way I'm doing any cleaning. I wanna go to class and use a bunch of awesome spells, like, bang, boom boom boom!" Grim complains.

"We can study later," Demetria ensures him.

"For now, let's get ready, then head to campus," Ryder adds. The girls get ready while Grim waits impatiently.

~~~~~~~

"Hello?" Bailey knocks on the classroom door. She sees an older man with a cat writing on a blackboard.

"Come in, Miss Saxon. The headmaster has already briefed me on the situation," Bailey approaches the man. "Mozus Trein," he offers her a hand to shake and she takes it.

"Nice to meet ya. Sorry if I'm not much help today. I'm still a little dazed from... whatever it is that happened to me."

"I understand. I'll mostly have you watch for now so you can get acquainted with how things work here," Bailey sighs in relief.

"I appreciate it. Can I ask you something about your students?"

"Of course," Trein confirms.

"I don't really know how to word this... Are they... good people? I mean... my sister is here too, and she's only 17. I don't like that she's defenseless against a school full of magical teen boys. So, should I be worried?" Bailey awkwardly asks. She doesn't want to offend Trein by suggesting his students are dangerous, but she really needs to know. If she has anything to worry about, she'll be taking Althea and running.