1: Winter in June

WINTER

It's 9th in June when the classes started again, I was walking in the crosswalk thinking this will going to be the best year for me. I'm heading towards the university for my first orientation as freshman, it's nerve wrecking but it's also excites me because my bestfriend Yizhuo will join me for the whole year.

I stopped midway and looking at the tall and huge iron gate that's infront of me, the students begin to went inside the entrance and the others assembling probably looking for their friends and maybe half of it catching up how have they been.

"Minjeong-ah!" I halted and looked behind me just to saw smiling Ningning running towards me with her both arms waving in the air.

"Nizhuo!" I returned the energy as she threw herself at me, we chuckled when we nearly stumbled through the ground luckily I stepped back.

"Yah! It's Yizhuo, Y not Nizhuo that starts with N–tsk! What happened to your tongue, did cat got it?" she mumbled and broke our hug.

"Nizhuo's lot cuter, Ning plus Yizhuo equals Nizhuo no-jam, anyways how's your summer?" I asked after I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's cruel knowing you're not with me buuuuttt I have something for you.." she giggled as my brows furrowed.

"Okay?" I chuckled and waiting for her.

"Tadaaa!" she excitingly said and revealing a friendship wristlet, embroidered with patterns and in the middle there's a small baby blue butterfly hanged on it.

"Woah..Ning. It's pretty." I gasped, looking at it with awe.

"I made this at the summer camp, I'm depressed that you're not able to be there with me so I made that for you." she explained. "Wait let me put it on." she excitingly put it on my wrist and pulled it to tighten.

As she finished I looked at her, biting my lips because I'm about to shed tears. I met her when I was three because we're on the same neighbourhood, they're from China and decided to moved from here because of some business matter. Ning's been there through my ups and downs, making me smile and laugh and I couldn't ask for more. It was nice to have her, I'm lucky to have a bestfriend like her.

"Thank you." I genuinely said.

"You're always welcome and oh..oh—I have one too!" she pulled her wrist and there it is, same pattern as mine but instead of a butterfly, it's a snowflake that hanged on it.

"You're getting witty huh?" I playfully said.

"You think so, I always envy that nickname of yours that I want to change my name into summer." she cackled forming her eyes like a thin line.

"Please don't." I subsconciously rolled my eyes.

"What it's cute like heck, like we're Jack and Jill, Tom and Jerry, gay and shit. We're inseperable and we're going to missed the orientation though." she said like it was nothing while zoning out at the wristlet she gave but that made our eyes wide and mouth agape in a seconds.

"Oh shit..I almost forgot about that!" I gasped in horror.

"Oh damn..me either!" Ningning just realized and immediately pulled me inside the university. We're running in the hallway like we're in a freakin' marathon and no idea where the hell is Kosmos function hall.

"Damn this big shit SM! I don't have any slight idea where we are right now." Ning said as we catch our breath, decided to stop first because we might get ourselves in trouble if we keep on running around the hallway like animals.