14: Eyes never lies

WINTER

I can't help but to glance at Karina who's looking at the window with her usually bored face in our class. My eyes wandered at her slinged arm, what happened to her?

The last time I saw her, she's still fine? It looks serious though.  It's funny that she can't use her left arm while I can't used my right one, we look like a couple who had an accident. Did I just used the word couple? No. But I felt bad for saying hurtful words at her yesterday, I didn't mean it, it's just she's making me feel this weird and foreign feeling and acting weird. I've never felt this before. I hate new things.

"Ms. Kim!" I snapped and immediately looked infront of me. What?

"Y–yes, Ms. Sandara?" I nervously asked.

"Please pay attention on my class and you can continue to stare at Ms. Yu later on." she said as I felt my cheeks went red after that, she just said it infront of the whole class. What the hell!

"I–I'm not, miss.." I mumbled and just paid my attention infront. Jeez, now she knew that I'm looking at her.

It's been an hour and the bell rung, I immediately put my belongings inside of my bag as I saw Karina and Giselle's went outside. I need to talk to her.

"Minjeong, where you going?" Ning asked when I was about to stand up. Ryujin's absence makes her fidgety today, she didn't want to be alone.

"Uhm..comfort room. I'll be back." I assured and immediately run towards the door. I looked around at the hallway and I saw her walking while talking to Giselle. Her face plastering that annoyed-face, Giselle and her probably arguing on something.

I walk faster to shorten the distance between us. I don't know but my hand just vaugely went to her hand stopping her on her tracks. I saw her body tensed a little bit but mine's reaction are different, I found calmness in her.

"Karina.." I called as she glanced at me confusingly.

"Catch you later, Jimin." I heard Giselle said after she walk away, leaving us here in the hallway. There's a awkward silence as I tried to gather courage to speak up but my mouth just can't form any words plus my heart is beating so fast that I can feel my chest's jumping.

"You need something?" she asked making me look at her monotonously face.

"Uhm..no?" I shooked my head. Why am I nervous?

"Okay, you can let go now." she sighed.

"Huh?" my brows furrowed.

"My hand, you can let it go now if you don't need anything. Aeri's waiting for me." she pointed her hand as I abruptly let it go. I nervously bit my lips while looking down.

"Uhm..see you later? I guess." she said, she was about to turn her back away as I suddenly spoke up making her frozed on her spot again.

"I'm sorry, Jimin." I mumbled, still looking down. I know she's looking at me right now because her heels pointed towards me again.

"I didn't mean it, It was way out of line..what I've said to you. A friend would never said that to a friend so I'm really sorry." I muttered, my heart is pumping like crazy.

And it's crazy that she's the only one who make me feel this way.

There's a long silence so I decided to take a leap of faith and slowly lifting my eyes to meet hers. My heart skipped as she's staring at me with that softness in her eyes.