10: Weird

WINTER

It's a peaceful today but it's very disturbing somehow. Karina and Giselle's not here, they usually arrived late but it's been 3 hours and they were nowhere to be seen. Ryujin's spacing out, she's in a deep thinking, we asked her if she's okay she'll just nodded giving us a weak smile before staring outside again which Ningning and I feel worried about.

It's our biology class and the teacher said that we used the time for our activity, since my partner's not here as well for Ningning we decided to just went at library.

"What do you think the reasons why the duo's not here today?" Ning asked as we went inside walking towards the shelves.

"I don't know, why do you care anyway?"

"It's our friends, of course I care. Are you not worried about Karina's absence?" she asked which made me stiffened in my place for a seconds.

Am I worried?

"N–no? She's a grown up independent woman, she can take care of herself." I flatly shrugged and continue to look for a book.

"You know what, something weird happened when Giselle and I talking about the project." Ning started as I abruptly looked at her. She's experiencing weird encounters to Giselle too?

"How weird?" I curiously asked.

"Like she's laughing out of nowhere and when I asked why she just always say nothing. When she's talking to me, she stare at me intently which making me nervous. I hate it in a good way, she's like trying to read what's on my mind." she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Oh and there's this one time at my apartment, you know how clumsy I am. I accidentally bump the vase and she just swiftly catch it, she didn't even spared a glance at that thing which I find it so cool." she giggled but I'm zoning out and squinting my eyes at her.

"Did I just heard your apartment? She went on your apartment?!" I gasped that earned a glares coming from the other students here in the library.

"S–sorry.." I grimaced in embarassment and bowing at them before glaring at Ningning again.

"Lower your voice, will you? As I said in my apartment—ooh." she stopped remembering something with her nervous eyes looking at me.

"Uchinaga saw your new bought apartment while I haven't even seen your apartment yet, I don't even know where it is and how it looks." I sadly mumbled and pouting at her.

"There's always be a next time Minjie. Stop being a sulky season." she bluntly said.

"Yah! You always say that I'm the first one who'll see your apartment, you just broke my heart." I muttered and rolling my eyes at her and went to face the shelves in childish manner.

"Oh god, you're killing me Kim, I'm sorry about bringing Giselle first." she said apologetically and poking my arms.

"It's alright, she might be the one who'll going to be there with you anyways." I shrugged, pulling a pocket book. Not now but soon.

"What? Why? I'm not following." she asked confusingly. I sighed, maybe not now but so so soon. Ningning's dumb and probably takes a long for her to realize it.

"Nevermind, kitten." I groaned.

"How about let's stop at a convenience store and grab some ice cream before we go to my apartment later after class so I can mend your broken heart?" she playfully poked my cheeks as I glance at her, supressing my excited soul by glaring, waiting for her next sentence.