Bloom - 15

"What?" Bloom asked under Crevasse's wing. "Crevasse?"

    "There is someone- or something watching us through the grass. I can't see them, but I can hear some sort of ragged breathing," she said, staring outwards with a severe expression.

    "Maybe it's a hurt animal! We can help it, and maybe it'll-" Bloom started hopefully.

   "It's not a hurt animal," Crevasse said, glancing down at Bloom. "Or an animal, I think. It's too big to be a Human, either."

    "I think we should go back, Crevasse," Bloom rested a talon on Crevasse's.

    She nodded. "Let's fly... in case that thing tries to ambush us,"

    "Good idea," The two of them lifted off into the sky, Bloom trailing behind Crevasse.

    She turned to look down at where they were just sitting.

    A dragon was standing there.

    Bloom squinted, and her heart skipped a beat, and her wings faltered.

    Bloom could see sapphire blue scales down there and the phosphorous scales of the dragons of the sea.

    A SeaWing? 

    I assumed there weren't any other teams... but why wouldn't they introduce themselves?

   She glanced at Crevasse, who didn't notice her screw up in the sky. She looked back at the dragon, who was still standing there, staring at them.

    It's not looking at us.

   It doesn't have eyes...

   And even from here...

   I can see the fatal gash across its throat.

   Bloom's mind leaped back to the night Epiphyte told her about the plant-dragon things. A scream built into her throat. They're aggressive!

   "Fly! Faster! Go!" Bloom gasped, canting her wings and shooting forwards. Crevasse missed a beat in surprise. Bloom glanced back, and the SeaWing was turning away, slinking back into the grass.

    Bloom wasn't taking chances, though.

    Crevasse followed her, matching her speed. She tilted her wings to the tree below, where the sun was going down, and a campfire was being started.

    At a frightening speed, Bloom crashed through a gap in the branches and blew the fire out onto the stubby plants on the ground with a mighty gust of her wings. She landed, her scales pale green and her tail lashing. Crevasse landed a moment later and blew out the escapes flames.

    "Hey!" Landslide growled, looking surprised. She glared at him. I'm still mad at you.

    "Epiphyte, are there any other teams on Pantala?" she panted. Her wings hurt. Her brain hurt.

    "Nnno, not that I know of," he said, looking a little surprised. He was peeking around her wings and at Crevasse, looking for something.

     Oh, probably Splinter.

     "Can you check?" She came over and sat by him as he pulled out the tablet. There was a message, reading Okay, if you come back without him, we will immediately send a search party.

     "From Atomsplitter," he said, following her eyes. He scribbled down Are there any other groups on Pantala?

     Crevasse patterned over. "Ask her to say hi to my dad for me,"