Crab - 19

The wind rippled in Crab's wings as the group flew above the ocean.

    They were almost to the City. If he squinted hard enough, he could see the multi-colored dragons slipping among the buildings and sky. We're almost home,

     He was a little annoyed that they had to make the exhausting trip to Pantala, thinking that he would be doing work and help save the world. Instead, they had been called back home only a few days later, just to make the big ol' journey across the ocean again.

    So yes, he was very ready to get home even though his mother would nag him about practically worrying her half to death.

     But he felt like Agate was getting worried about her mother, so helping her get back made him feel better. He would do anything for her.

    Crab knew that she didn't expect him to do anything at all for her, but since she had done so much for him, he felt as though it was right to do the same things for her.

    He really loved her.

    The group touched down in the center of the City about an hour later, in the park. All of them looked ready to collapse after being gone for nearly two and a half weeks. The City looks fine, thankfully. He spotted the Statue of Heroes, or whatever it was called, still gleaming and very stoic looking. The Peace Tower's upper leaves and branches were rustling in the wind, as fall was coming upon the City. Aside from a few extra guards stationed everywhere, nothing was different.

     "I'm going to go pick up my siblings," Beige said. Crab realized he must have been worrying the entire time about them, despite them being in the care of Landslide's sibs. Then again, if Landslide's sibs were anything like him, those dragonets are going to be pretty happy for Beige to take them away. "Epiphyte, can you report us?"

    "Sure," the green dragon sighed. "You all can go check in on your family," he lifted off and headed towards the Research Center. Crab remembered that Epiphyte didn't even know if he still had a family with a sad pang.

    "Oh boy," Crevasse said. "Time to say hi to Grosbeak," she lifted off, and Bloom started to follow. "No- I wouldn't come with. I don't want you in his line of fire,"

    "Oh..." the small RainWing said, fluttering down. "I guess..." Bloom went over and bumped Agate's wing. "Can I come with you?"

    "Sure," Agate said. "Crab, do you want to come over after you say hi to your mom?"

    "Sure," Crab said, stretching his wings. They were very achy. "I'll see you then," he turned and winged off towards the apartment building where he and Akepa lived. He was able to immediately pick out the window of their rooms, and if he squinted, he could see his mother caressing the pale white egg.

     The egg! He had completely forgotten about it. He zipped around the corner and landed on the landing pad on the end of the balcony-style hallway. He trotted to the door of their apartment and briskly knocked.

    There was some shuffling on the other side, and the door locks clicked as Akepa opened the door.

     "Crab!" she shouted gleefully and wrapped her wings around him.

     "Hi, mom," he said, walking inside. Everything was spotless, as though she had vigorously cleaned everything out of nervousness.

     "I'm so glad you're home," she said, walking behind him like a shadow. "Are you hungry? Do you need to rest? Why are you home so early? I thought you'd be gone for like a month!"