Exo - 24

"What the hell?" Epiphyte said, howling in pain and shoving Exo away. Crab growled towards her.

    "Why did you do that?" he said, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her. "What's wrong with you?"

    Those words stung a little, but Exo shrugged them off. She opened her mouth and flexed her stingers. "Paralyzing tooth stingers. I didn't think anything else would shut him up."

   "Well," Beige said. "It worked. He's lying on the floor and very noticeably not talking."

    Exo nodded, and put squirmy Jellyfish down. She felt her way to the stone bench and sat back down. She could feel the unease around her.

    "I'll be back," Crab said, looking overwhelmed. He headed into the bathroom near the back of the bunker.

   "I didn't know you had tooth stingers." Agate sound in an accusing tone.

   Exo shrugged, and replied sassily, "I didn't know you had to know everything about me."

   "What is your problem?" Agate said, stamping her foot. "I've been nothing but nice to you, and all you do is treat me like shit!"

   "Nothing but nice to me?" Exo laughed, standing up again and turning to Agate. "You make me feel less than a dragon on a daily basis."

   "Maybe you're just jealous that he doesn't feel the same way you feel about him." Agate hissed.

    That one cut deep. "Shut up!" she snapped. "You're just such a suck-up whore that you'd do anything for his-"

    "You guys-" Beige tried, but Agate cut him off.

    "Excuse me? How many times has actually said 'I love you' to you, hm? Let me tell you, he's said it plenty to me." 

    "I don't care how he feels!" Exo lied. "I'm just glad I don't feel like I need to be a fake bitch around him."

    "I am not fake." Agate snarled.

    "Keep it down, drama queens," Landslide said with an annoyed sigh. "There's still monstrous things happening besides your love triangle."

   Agate snorted. "You're just jealous that I'm a wayyy better dragon than you are."

  "Are you though?" Beige said suddenly. "We've all seen how much you hate the fact that Crab and Exo have any sort of relationship, even though it's only a friendship. We've had to remind you to calm down before."

    "I think that's fine," Agate snapped at him. "I'm allowed to worry if he's cheating or something."

    "Are you guys even official? Or are you faking that as well?" Exo said saucily.

   "Well-" Agate said. "I would say he's my boyfriend- or at least my partner because we are literally raising a dragonet together. Speaking of, why can't you seem to ever leave Jellyfish alone?"

    "She likes me," Exo said, tossing her head. She readjusted her hat and flicked her wings. "I can't help that."

    "Exo is really nice to me," Jellyfish piped up. "She cheers me up when I'm sad and makes me laugh. Stop yelling at her!"

   Exo smiled in the direction of Jellyfish. She was such a sweet kid.

   "Jellyfish, if Exo really cared, she would have helped your brother adopt you, not me. She would probably be in my place." Agate said, sounding a little annoyed.

   "So are you saying that you don't care enough?" Exo challenged.

   "What?" Agate gasped. "I care about her very much. That's why I'm trying to get her to stop hanging out with dragons like you."