001 | february first

last words of a shooting star

     Today, you told me to write

Today, you told me to write. You said it helped, or some bullshit like that. I don't know. It doesn't seem like it would. I mean, it's just pen and paper. What is this meant to do? Cleanse me of all my sins? I hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but nothing can fix me.

Nothing.

But hey, I'm trying. That must account for something, right?

You said that writing helps to expel unwanted feelings that linger in the bones. Very poetic. Honestly, this feels incredibly stupid. That jackass horse-face would laugh if he knew what I was doing, and not like he's any better. Drawing to escape reality.

I wish I could do the same.

Escape reality.

Anyway, I guess I'm feeling okay. Nothing's changed, really. It's the same as always. The only thing that's really changed in my life is you. Your presence.

It's been nice. To have some company in this lonely place.

I thought Marley was nothing but a country full of enemies. I expected to see them as devils, you know? Yet all I've encountered is the same familial relationships that live in my home. Inside the walls.

There's blatant discrimination in Marley; I'm not even surprised at this point. It's everywhere. The sneers towards perfectly normal humans, the venomous words spewed about them— do people not have the decency to at least be quiet? This deep, unravelling hatred is all around this hypocritical country. It's everywhere. It's unjustified, and I hate it.

But I feel as if I can understand what Reiner felt now.

The people here—my enemies—are the same as me.  

We really are pieces of shits. Two sides to the same coin.

I hate it here. It's boring.

Zeke's an egotistical ass, and Falco's just a kid.

You, on the other hand— you're like a breath of fresh air.

Ugh, whatever. This has gotten weird. I wrote one letter. Tada. Done.

I don't know how to end this, though.

Goodbye?