023 | february twenty third

jump into my ocean,
can't you see me sinking?

     The other day, lying in bed, I think I felt my heart beating for the first time in a long while

The other day, lying in bed, I think I felt my heart beating for the first time in a long while. You told me that some people don't like to heal because pain is their last link to what they've lost. That really impacted me, you know?

All my life-

All I know is pain.

And I haven't healed. I don't think I want to. Not like this. Not when the world is so fucked. I don't want to end things like this. I've put my whole life to this— to finding freedom. To give it to myself and my friends.

Yet, I find myself thinking, I'm not too gone to be healed, am I? I'm not too gone, right? Please tell me.

I'm scared to know your answer.

Surely I don't need help. I'm strong; I have the power to eradicate every being on earth.

     But what if I don't want that?

Sometimes I want someone to come save me. Not in the way that Armin or Mikasa or even Captain Levi tries to save me. Not in that pity kind of way. I want someone to save Eren Yeager. The boy that loved listening to his mother talk, loved watching his father work; the boy that liked to sit and laze around all day— no desire in mind, no determination to find a socially constructed idea.

I want someone to show me that they're willing to destroy the world for me.

Just as I would for them.

Please tell me, my love.

Would you save me?

Can you even save me?

Even if you can't, can you at least tell me that I'm okay? That what I'm doing—what I plan on doing—is the right thing?

I'm not a monster, right?

My love—

I'm begging you.

Save me.