020 | february twentieth

the boy is mine

     Are we strangers? Or are we more than that?

These questions race through my head. Your breath fans my neck late at night– when you're whispering in my ear stories of your past. Your fingers lace with mine as we sit side by side, skin brushing against skin. I can feel the ridges and bumps of yours; I'm sure you can feel the softness of mine. Such was a side effect of being a Titan Shifter. All my wounds healed time and time again, leaving nothing but the memories of echoed pain.

Are we just friends when you press your body close to mine? I can feel the way your breasts press against my arm, the way your hands snake around my biceps. How close do you have to lean on me before you admit that you aren't doing this for warmth?

The winter of the world is slowly coming to an end. Spring is beginning to thaw away the ice. I can see the tips of grass peeking through the melted snow. The chill of the season is quickly disappearing, and the layers of clothes are being shed quicker than anticipated.

Tell me, sweetheart, how many times does your thumb need to brush my lips before we've realised we've crossed this fine line between companionship and something more?

How do I look away now that I've seen the way you look at me? Your brown eyes shimmer with emotions that are reflected in my own. They're beautiful.

I've broken my rules for you.

     If possible, as we shared smiles under the morning and afternoon sun, I'd like to laugh with you for the rest of my life.