002 | february second

what's the softest way to say
you took away my friend, my buddy?

what's the softest way to sayyou took away my friend, my buddy?

     I'm trying this again. You said to continue, even when I told you it was boring. It feels weird. Useless, even. You'd probably smack me over the head if I told you that. Actually, I doubt you would. You seem too kind. For someone who spends their mornings feeding the birds, their afternoons catering to patients and their nights to the sky, you're too kind to even hurt a fly. I can see it in your eyes.

Even if one of mine is bandaged up.

     You're very gentle with it. The way you wrap it around my head each day, with such tender grace. It reminds me of Mom. Or Mikasa. Even Historia. They were all gentle with me. I feel as if I've taken that for granted. I don't deserve it. I've been nothing but cruel.

     I am nothing but cruel.

     Sometimes it pains me to stab my eye over and over again. To cut off my leg so it doesn't heal and give away my powers. It pains me that you come and clean the blood each time you see it. You're so gentle. Even when I'm in the depths of misery, you're there. Calm, a sort of pure harmony of serenity.

     I think the way you talk is rubbing off on me.

     I've only known you for a few weeks— why has it felt like eternity?