027 | february twenty seventh

how do you make a home?

     I have this constant fear that I'm going to forget you

I have this constant fear that I'm going to forget you. The way your brown eyes pierced mine and silently read my soul aloud or your goofy grin that made my heart beat ten times faster— sometimes I wondered if you had given me a heart attack when your lips brushed against mine. That moment is etched into my mind. I live and breathe it.

     But it sucks. Really it does. I know that deep down, somewhere buried in my chest, that you were never mine to begin with. Yet I have fallen hopelessly in love with you.

     It's only been a month or so, and I hope I never forget you.

    I won't, right?

    This isn't a traumatic event.

    This has been the best event in my life.

    Meeting you.

    I hope you never forget about me. Even when the world crumbles to dust and the stars begin to lose their light— please never forget me, my love.

    When it's the middle of the night and everyone's asleep, I think of you. Even if I don't realise it, you find a way into my memory to the point where my stomach feels sick with butterflies. I can't breathe when that happens. I want to love you more. More than anything tangible. I hope I never forget you, either. Because I love you. I love you so much.

    I sit in this rundown bedroom, the candle flaring in the darkness, and I'm crying. I know I am. I can feel it. The tears running down my cheeks as if they're in a race against time, the ache in my chest from heaving too much, the clench of my jaw from shutting it tightly. I can feel it. My throat itches. I want to scream your name to the seven heavens.

    But I also want to keep it to myself.

    Cherished.

    I hope I never forget your name, my love.

    I hope you never forget mine, too.