Quiet Nights

Smut in this chapter:)

"You really should let me cook sometimes." I tell Rylie as I take another bite of the delicious lasagna.

"Oh, yeah? I don't know how I feel about grilled cheese and quesadillas several times a week..."

"Hey!" I laugh, tossing a piece of french bread at her. "I can learn to cook other things, too."

"How about I teach you?"

I smile, loving that idea. "I think that would work."

After dinner I clean up the kitchen, but Rylie won't let me do the dishes alone.

"You go to school all day, cook all evening and still want to clean up. I will never understand you, Ry."

"There's nothing to understand. I like staying busy when you're gone, and I like doing stuff with you when you're here, even if it's just the dishes!" She replies with a laugh.

God, I love this girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you want to watch?" Rylie points the remote at the T.V. mounted on the wall. String lights are hung around the room, giving off a warm glow. The city lights outside the window add some additional light, but not enough that it bothers us. It actually makes it feel more cozy, in a way. I loved the view we had of the city of Charlotte. I sit beside Rylie on the big couch and place the fluffy blanket over our laps before scooting as close to her as possible, sliding my outstretched legs between hers. "Are you close enough?" She laughs. I always did this, but knew she didn't mind. Physical touch was our main love language for sure.

"Yep. How about we watch Divergent?"

"Aspen, we watched that last week." Rylie laughs.

"Right. Okay... My Girl?"

"Nope. We don't need to cry more tonight."

"Fair point. Oh! I know, and this'll make you happy. Season four of Wynonna Earp started in March, let's start that! I heard that episode two was a fan favorite."

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"You'll see." I respond with a sly smile, already knowing what was in store. Rylie laughs and quickly pulls up the show before pulling me closer.

I'd found Wynonna Earp over Christmas break last year, and we'd binged all three seasons in three days, only stopping to sleep. It was our new favorite show.

Rylie runs her fingers through my hair as we watch, making me sleepy. I knew I should probably go to sleep but I wanted to spend time with Rylie while I was awake since I hadn't seen her much this week, especially the last two days. Plus, tomorrow was Saturday.

I grin as Rylie starts episode two, knowing what's coming. Her hand that's resting on my stomach starts roaming and I giggle.

"Are you trying to feel me up?"

"Maybe." Rylie whispers as the corner of her mouth twitches.

"Watch the show. We're getting to the good part." I try to say sternly. Then I add, "You can feel me up after."

Rylie laughs loudly, and I know I caught her off guard. Pretty soon, our entire focus is on the show as the favorite Wayhaught scene plays out. When the episode finishes, Rylie sits in silence.

"So... what did you think?" I ask with a grin.

"I wish we had a staircase." Rylie says softly and I bust up laughing.

"I mean, we can always go in the stairwell next to the elevator..."

"Nope, stop. Can't risk anyone else getting a glimpse of this..." She says, pulling up the hem of my shirt to reveal my stomach. "Besides, we have a perfectly good couch right here." Her face inches slowly towards mine, her eyes flicking down to my lips. I close the distance between us, not caring about the half empty bowl of popcorn falling to the floor.