Part 4

My breath caught in my throat, if I scream again, I'll be out of air. I need to get this demon off of me; I need air.

The pair of hands seemed to roam my body, grasping my kimono and feeling my arms. The water around me was thick, vibrations moving sluggishly through it. There's too much movement for there to only be one demon. I hate how proud of himself he is, I feel his satisfaction every time he brushes over my skin. It's making me sick.

I shove the demon away only to have my theory confirmed, another set of arms pull me against another demon's chest. It's odd, this one feels the same self-satisfaction that the first did. I'm not that great of a catch, so it's not like they should be feeling so smug. I shake my head and continue struggling against the demon's grip. I don't know where up or down is yet, but I know there's a lot of bubbles coming from above me to my left. A third demon is moving around a lot up there, maybe it's my way out.

I feel the demons begin to start pulling my haori off, causing me to panic. Trashing against my attackers I manage to knock one in its nose, the other I end up grabbing an arm and biting it. Their shock gives me enough time to try swim towards the trashing above me. I never properly learned how to swim, but mom always wanted to make sure I could keep my head above water in case something happened.

Who knew how right she'd be, silently thanking her as I find myself gripping the edge of something; my fingers touching the cool night air. I start to pull myself up, gasping as my head breaches the surface, only to begin a match of tug of war with my body against a demon.

I can barely catch my breath while struggling like this. I have to get out. I sputter between breaths, hearing another struggle to my right.

"Tanjiro-" his name dies on my lips as I'm pulled back under. I don't have time to keep getting pulled around like this. Flailing and kicking, I finally manage to kick my assailant. His hands are still on me, but his grip loosened giving me my chance to pull myself up again.

"Three! There's three of them! Ones got m-" my sentence is cut off again. My fingers lose purchase on the edge, but before I'm dragged down again a hand grasps my own. I kick and struggle against the demon. While this hand holding my own isn't Tanjiro or Nezuko, they're trying to help. The thought gives me the strength to knock the demon off once more, pulling myself up with the strangers help. I cough the water from my throat the second my head breached the surface. The stranger is pulling me from the water, and away from the hole.

"Nice grab, Kazumi! Nezuko! Protect them while I go after the demon!" Tanjiros voice is followed by a sharp growl and a splash. I can't hear Tanjiro anymore, but Nezuko's grunts and growls are enough to reassure me that I'm in good hands. I pull myself up on my hands and knees, catching my breath which comes out in spurts and gargles. I throw up some of the murky water I accidentally swallowed in my struggle and moan. Spitting the acidic taste out of my mouth.

"Gods I hate throwing up."

"Are you okay? Who are you?" The stranger finally speaks to me, his hands have let go of my own and are rubbing my back reassuringly. I shrug his hand off and pull my haori tight.

"I travel with the Kamado's, I'm fine." I use my forearm to wipe my face, my other hand brushing against my bag. I don't know how it stayed with me, but I thank whatever god may be responsible for it. I tug my bag over my head and hand it to the stranger, I can feel his eyes questioning me. "Can you tell me what's in it, please? I'm blind."

Tanjiro resurfaces in his own time, demanding answers from the demon. I want to help him but, considering I'm unarmed and don't want to walk into a swamp hole, I stay where I'm at.

Listening to the stranger softly rummage through my bag makes me nervous. The bag itself stayed with me but, what if I lost something? There's nothing important per say but, my mom wanted me to be prepared.